How much are these seats worth?

southpawboston

not sure if this should be in carseat swap. i'm just getting opinions, not actually selling...yet.

- evenflo triumph (not advance), DOM around 6/05

- safety 1st APEX 65 biltmore, DOM 11/06

assume both were bought new, are in like-new condition, no accidents, harnesses never washed (triumph cover was washed), all original manuals & stickers, locking clips, etc...

i was thinking $30 for the triumph and $50 for the APEX if local pickup?

these are in MIL's CRV, but i'm considering trying to sell them. we are going to give MIL our unused como and RYS.

ADS

crunchierthanthou

:shrug-shoulders:

generally it's what it cost (or current price for new) divided by lifespan x years remaining. That won't quite equate for your seats since you can't buy them anymore. Are you going to list them on CL? I don't know your local market, but I'd maybe start them a little higher. perhaps $50 and $75? If you just want them gone, $30 and $50 will probably do it.

nisi

Senior Community Member
Hard to say. Places like this forum, where people have a very good feel for the value of every seat, it's like Crunchy said -- generally (price pd new) / (years in it's lifespan) * (years remaining). If you're trying to sell locally, like on CL, it's whatever the market will bear. :shrug-shoulders: I personally think they're worth more than you're asking, but I also know that if I tried to sell those exact seats locally, I couldn't expect to get much more than that. People around here tend to be... frugal. ;) It really is all about your market. Have you looked at your CL to see what people are asking/paying for comparable seats?

melniemi

I would think $30 and $50 sounds fair. I sold 2 Evenflo Chases for $12 each - they were about 3 years old, but this was at a garage sale (I know, I know - but I knew they were safe and wrote that on the price tag).
You could always donate to a woman's shelter or something if there is one around.

if going craigslist i would put 50 and 75 obo. pople will probably call and offer about $10 less then you asked. make sure to put obo o so people will respond even if they won't spend that much. those are new seats and i know in my market they would sell for 50 and 75. i have an evenflo triumph lassic i bought at target for 130 i think. you still have a little over three years left on that seat for use so 50 is a good deal. an apex here costs 130 also at baby depot i believe and you have 4 years left for the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC