My DC, I know--you warned me--(also, even new ones won't RF to 35)

Synchro246

OK, so against the better judgement of a poll I created long ago I went for the DC over the MA. After playing with the DC in BRU I didn't think the harness adjuster worked *that* hard (not thinking about how broken in it must be:rolleyes:). I liked the larger seating area it had over the MA & I liked that sahara cover was available.

So, like many of us, I thought that 35lbers were being made & near the end of the sale I saw Amazon was sold out. So, I figured I'd take a small gamble and order during the sale while they are sold out so I could get a new DOM. It worked. I got 2-19-08. However, it's 33lb RF & I called Britax and asked about it and the CSR I spoke with said that they weren't going to be making the DC's 35lbs now or any time soon (as far as she knows), but maybe they'll test 'em to 35 later. Something about the way she said it made me thing "yeah, right"
So, as of now there is no such thing as a 35lber DC ;) If you want a 35lb limit seat go for the MA or the BV.

Ok, the harness.

I had to use the POWER OF GREYSKULL to tighten it on Mickey. Seriously, I'm a strong person & that was tough. I actually could NOT get it tight on him the first time I tried. Turns out if I pull the harness from behind the shell (like a rear adjust) when I'm tightening or loosening it works much better.

I have no problems when the harness is in higher slots with Seamus. (well, other than the thumb muscle workout I get from pressing the stiff button)

So, I don't really want to return it (and the spare cover I got at the same time), but I'm irritated with it and myself.
I'm going to keep it, but I'm going to sputter about it.

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I had to adjust my DC by pulling the harness from the back as well. I tried really hard to like my DC in the begining but as time went on I just hated it more and more. What about if you return the DC with the extra cover you bought on it and then keep the Sahrah cover to put on a MA??

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I had to use the POWER OF GREYSKULL to tighten it on Mickey.

OMG :ROTFLMAO:

I should go add that to my "Dear Britax" post on the Frontier speculation thread. "Dear Britax, no firefighters, no degree, no POWER OF GREYSKULL required, m'kay?"

I'm so sorry it's not working out for you, though. :(

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
I'm always intrigued by these difficult DC adjusters because I've yet to meet one IRL even though I've owned 2 and installed quite a few over the years. I totally believe you but I'm just curious as to why some DCs are so difficult to adjust.

Is it any easier when the seat isn't installed? Or is it not installed now? How about when the child isn't in the seat? I'm just looking for clues.

Kecia

i can't remeber which thread as i think i have read 2000 f them today. i am becoming an addict here.... but it said the dc wouldn't be made rear facing till last of all the seats. something about them not being as big of sellers as the other seats. and there was a possible mention of stopping production of them.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
:sorry!:

Suck-o-rama! :p

Kecia, you just don't hang out online enough...like 90% of DC adjusters are spawn of the carseat devil :rolleyes:

Synchro246

I had to adjust my DC by pulling the harness from the back as well. I tried really hard to like my DC in the begining but as time went on I just hated it more and more. What about if you return the DC with the extra cover you bought on it and then keep the Sahrah cover to put on a MA??
I was wondering about that-- the only major difference in the cover is the adjuster right? I think I could deal with that wonkyness. The spare cover is the sahara :)

How much did you pay for it? can you at least break even on your local CL?
I paid $225. IDK about CL, I've had bad luck there lately.

OMG :ROTFLMAO:

I should go add that to my "Dear Britax" post on the Frontier speculation thread. "Dear Britax, no firefighters, no degree, no POWER OF GREYSKULL required, m'kay?"
hehehehe :cool:

I'm always intrigued by these difficult DC adjusters because I've yet to meet one IRL even though I've owned 2 and installed quite a few over the years. I totally believe you but I'm just curious as to why some DCs are so difficult to adjust.

Is it any easier when the seat isn't installed? Or is it not installed now? How about when the child isn't in the seat? I'm just looking for clues.

Kecia
I've had it all sorts of ways so far.
The only time I need to pull from the back is when the harness is inthe bottom slots--As far as I can tell it's because the splitter plate is right at the bend in the seat--or something. There isn't a difference in or out of the car, except that when it's in the car I can actually get it tight because I CAN pull from the back without the seat tipping over.

With Seamus & the harness in the top slots I can get it tight without summoning the powers of lord greyskull.
Really, the button is just very firm still. I think it's just because it's so new. I'm sure the button would loosen up over time.

Mickey is about .5'' from needing the next slots up. I wonder if the problem would go away then.

:sorry!:

Suck-o-rama! :p

Kecia, you just don't hang out online enough...like 90% of DC adjusters are spawn of the carseat devil :rolleyes:
LOL, that made me laugh.
Carseat devil :evil grin:

Maybe I should return it. I could wait until Mickey outgrows the SS1. Really, since it's just for my mom's car I really could just go for the Scenera, I guess (I don't want to do that, really, but I could)

I'm going to go read Amazons return policy again. I already registered the seat-- does that matter?

arly1983

If you are already having problems, return it. It only gets worse with time. I have returned two (you think I would have learned with the first one.)

Dear Britax,
Could you PLEASE FREAKIN put a second crotch position on the BV/MA?

Defrost

The only time I need to pull from the back is when the harness is inthe bottom slots--As far as I can tell it's because the splitter plate is right at the bend in the seat--or something. There isn't a difference in or out of the car, except that when it's in the car I can actually get it tight because I CAN pull from the back without the seat tipping over.

Mickey is about .5'' from needing the next slots up. I wonder if the problem would go away then.

Oh, yes, it might be "not bad enough" to just keep it in that case! People have trouble with the MAs, too, when the splitter plate is at that "curve." Once he moves up to the next slots, that'll go away.

Synchro246

Ok, I just did the return thing. It says to expect UPS pickup within three days.
I wonder if I'll get an email that lets me know a little more. I've got things to do tomorrow. . .
I loose shipping if I return the cover. So that stays unless someone wants to buy it for what I paid.

ETA-- OOPs-- I did all this before seeing Defrost's post :eek:

TerisBoys

Chiming in a little late, but if you wanted to 'tough it out' couldn't you swap the DC for your older child's BV until the lil one grows a bit?

Synchro246

Chiming in a little late, but if you wanted to 'tough it out' couldn't you swap the DC for your older child's BV until the lil one grows a bit?

That's what I was thinking. . .Is it possible to reverse a return auth? IDK. I feel so flip floppy today.

Mae

I tried really hard to like my DC in the begining but as time went on I just hated it more and more.

I THOUGHT YOU MEANT YOUR CHILD!!! OMG!

LOL!!!!!

Defrost

Eh, just be gone with it, IMO... I felt so good when they picked up my Como....:eek:

:yeahthat:

I THOUGHT YOU MEANT YOUR CHILD!!! OMG!

:ROTFLMAO:

Maybe this is why I can never remember the proper abbreviation for the Decathlon - it's the same as Dear Child! (I always just use "Decath" but then that makes me think of "de-catheterization" and it just goes downhill from there.)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC