Those with Quad cab trucks...

3acorns4Christy

Here's the delima. We have a Dodge Dakota Quad Cab which I love expect that the back seat has headrests that are a PAIN to get a carseat in FF on.

My DS is now FF in a Marathon.
The delima is that he is FF in the middle, we are going to be TTCing this fall, so I am starting to think of which seats we will need. I really wanted a SS1. But the SS1 and the MA won't fit next to eachother in the Dakota.

We have a snugride which would be put in my car and the second MA for Joel would be in there too.

So we know we need another seat, really we would like to get one that would last a long time. We love the MA's but it doesn't fit FF very well in the truck on the outbound seats.

So which seat arrangement do you think would work?

Option 1:
MA RF in Passenger side backseat
Radian FF in middle seat

Option 2:
Regent FF in Driver side backseat
MA RD Passenger side backseat

Option 3:
Nautilus FF in Driver side backseat
MA in Passenger side

Last edited:
ADS
yes the stupid quad cab dodge. my husband has one of those we have a ma rf passenger side and the other ma ff middle but it was a super pita. i had to install the ff one middle first then install the rf side. it took a lot of muscle dh had to kneel in each seat so i could tighten. it did work but they are very snug. i would save yourself a headache and go with a nautilus and the ma.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I have a 06 Dodge Ram Quad cab. I have to remove the headrest to install the Regent. It doe not touch the back window. You can look at my pics here. I play around from time to time.

ETA PIC
Here is a pic of MA FF, MA RF, Regent.
2197877017_81c907a43d.jpg

3acorns4Christy

Thanks Ladies.

Lisa, since you have a Dodge, I assume you had those tricky headrests. How did you remove them?
Since that might be possible then I can have tons more possibilities!

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Thanks Ladies.

Lisa, since you have a Dodge, I assume you had those tricky headrests. How did you remove them?
Since that might be possible then I can have tons more possibilities!

YW :D!

If you pull the headrest all the way up to its highest setting and then push on the button to lower it but pull up instead of lowering it is how mine come out. Don't lose them if you do take them out. I keep under the seat with blankets on top of it. HTH

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC