Seats w/o Crotch Pads

tl01

I looks as though the True Fit does not have a crotch pad. All of our seats (except for SS1) so far have had them. Is this an issue?

ADS

southpawboston

no. on carseats that come with them, it is removable anyway. and many seats do not come with them. some kids actually complain about them. we've removed them from both our signos and our RYS.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
You either like them or you don't. I routinely remove mine as soon as I buy a seat because I find them a pain to deal with, personally. If you LOVE yours, it might be annoying for a seat not to have one, I'd guess.

crunchierthanthou

I don't think so. Ours has been off for a few months and ds hasn't said anything either way. I think the only reason some seats have them is that many engineers are male and they watch the ff crash tests with the buckle right there and cringe. ;)

HEVY

I think I'm only using mine because we used to clip my dd's legs on the other seat and it's nice to know with this seat she won't get hurt. But I most likely will remove it when the novelty wears off.

Morganthe

On the Regent, the shoulder pads and crotch pad are off.

Radian still has both.

It's actually easier to tuck in dd's skirts to protect her legs from the strap edge when the pad isn't there. Who knew? :shrug-shoulders:

I tried flipping the pad upside down to protect her bare legs, but it doesn't work as well as just leaving it off and tucking her skirts around. Have no clue about shorts. But she doesn't care for shorts at all :rolleyes:
I won't mention how cheap, tiny, and useless Regent pads are for the huge seat :thumbsdown:

bethng

I looks as though the True Fit does not have a crotch pad. All of our seats (except for SS1) so far have had them. Is this an issue?

The first thing I do when I get a seat with a crotch pad is take it off ! hate those dang things lol

tjham

The only time I care about them is with a 6 yr old girl in summer with shorts or a bathing suit. I grabbed a round, very thin pot holder and put a slit in it to use as a belly pad in my FPSVD during the worst summer months but it's off now.

Holly

I took it off my Radian when I got the Dry seat because it has the hole the srap comes up through and it got in the way of the crotch pad.

I removed the dry seat for a while now because it keeps bunching up behind dd's back and dh doesnt smooth it out before putting her in so instead of harping on him about it, I just took it out. I havent put the crotch pad back on (I actually forgot where it is) but she doesnt complain.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC