Work Meeting and Car Seats.....

Mylilboyblue

Today we had a meeting at work re: new seats and changes to old ones. First, my car seat manager talked about the Compass (The First Years) True Fit and said that our Compass rep told him that only the bottom two slots can be used RF as per the manual and what was printed on the side of the seat. I know this topic has been talked about alot, but I wanted to let you all know what our rep said.

Next was the new RF weight limit of the Britax seats. Our rep told us that while they have not made any changes to the seat (other than stickers and literature) that the new weight limit of 35lbs is NOT retroactive. :)rolleyes:) In addition we were told that the DC will be the last of the seats to get a RF limit of 35lbs. If you look on the Britax site at the updated PDF manuals you will notice that the DC weight limit didn't change from 33lbs for the 2/08 update. My manager said it was a matter of using up materials they have for the seats and because the DC isn't as big of a seller they still have older materials. Also our rep did mention to him that they may be discontinuing the DC, though it is still just a rumor. For whatever reason the newer models of the DC still won't have the 35lb limit and we are not sure when they will be out. :thumbsdown: Makes me happy I went with the Marathon.

Anyway, I realize that this stuff is probably old news, but I wanted to let you all know how our "carseat" meeting went today. My DH doesn't care, but I know you all are happy to listen! :)

ADS

natysr

It kind of makes sense that they would discontinue the DC. Weren't they using the same mold for the DC and the FPSVD (except a different base mold). Since the DC isn't a good seller and the FPSVD is already discontinued, then that is one less different thing they have to produce.

I think it would be a smart business decision for Britax (if they could) to incorporate the DC & MA. Add the adjustable crotch slots to the MA. Keep everything else the same on the MA. And make the DC padding available for purchase seperately, stating that it can be used in a MA for smaller babies.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC