Baby Age selling floor samples on ebay?

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
They don't appear to have a B&M store, according their website - here's a picture of their warehouse:

warehouse1.jpg

:scratcheshead:

PixieEMT

Huuuuuuummmmmmmmmm!!!???

I always wondered what K-mart, BRU, Target, Walmart etc. does with their shelf displays?!

I don't think I would purchase one any way. We bought a Graco Coach Rider stroller (floor model) with the SnugRide and it was a big mistake! I had to call for the stroller instructions, it was dusty, no box, bad CS DOM 2004 in 2006. :eek: Oh, but I had to have it! Damn preggo hormones. :rolleyes: They discontinued the Coach Rider and I HAD TO HAVE IT! lol

crunchierthanthou

They don't appear to have a B&M store, according their website :scratcheshead:

yeah, I was reading that. this part especially makes me think they don't.

BabyAge.com Inc. is the premiere online retailer of infant and juvenile products, striving to accommodate the needs of parents and parents-to-be. Born in 1999, the company is headquartered in a 50,000 square foot state of the art warehouse facility in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania.

weird. any guesses what the DOMs would even be? The last Chicco Keyfit went for $100 + $25 shipping. A savings of $35 hardly seems worth it. They're likely the oldest DOM possible for the models, not to mention what is essentially an unknown history.

TheNimpsGirl

I always wondered what K-mart, BRU, Target, Walmart etc. does with their shelf displays?!

I can only speak for Target because I work there... but ALL of our displays (car seats, strollers, bouncy seats, cribs, bedding sets, etc) from the infant dept go into our trash compactor whenever we have a reset or a recall. Well first, our maintence guy cuts them apart (so we don't break the compactor anymoe :whistle:)... but ours get thrown away.

Which personally, I'm happy about for safety reasons. You have no idea how many people want to buy our displays. I flat out tell them no, under no certain terms do we sell displays. Happened tonight infact!

***Disclaimer cause I have to put one anytime I mention Target... my words are merely mine. They don't reflect anyone who has worked at, currently works at or may work at Target in the future. :rolleyes:

whineandchz

I actually bought a stroller (floor model) from them a few weeks ago and it was virtually brand new. Tags were still attached the plastic was still on the handle. Everything was shipped in original boxes (even though it said it wouldn't be?). I don't know that I would buy a car seat but the stroller but my experience was very good.

mom2riley

I have bought a floor model stroller from BRU and had a great experience. I, however, would never buy a floor model car seat. Those things get tossed from the shelf to the floor and everywhere else.

PixieEMT

Pix made the floor model CS mistake oh about 2 years ago! Yes, I feel like a fool! Way before my CPST training. :eek::eek::eek:

Now it's my demo seat to show parents how to strap their babies in and what not to add to it!

I told DH if we have any more children we are getting a SS1 of Key Fit 30........or if the Britax annual sale is close a Companion. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC