How long do they leave car seats on the shelf?

Ice Princess

I have been to three diffrent stores to check out the MA in ashley and brooke. All three had very old dom. One being back in july.That is almost a yr gone for the same price as a newer (dec) dom With the new changes in feb do you think these stores (bru and target) will lower their prices on the ma or will they keep them the same?
I am getting really anxiouse to have my MA but I want a new dom. Would I have better luck calling and ordering online?

ADS
i don't know about target and bru but i have a friend who works at walmart. she is an assisstant manager to the baby/kids department. she said they have no policy for marking down seats based on dom. she hates that fact she even found a booster manufactured in 2006 on a shelf she asked the store manager what to do he simply said place it in the front someone will buy it. the stores don't care they paid a certain price and they want to make their $$$ off the seat markup. my guess would be that unless britax says mark them down...maybe a clear out sale since they up the weight limit. i doubt we'll see any drop in price just because its an old dom. they know as sad as it is alot of people still don't know seats are good for 6 years (they think its just to make you buy another) and they don't check the date they just buy the seat.

Dillipop

July to now is 7-8 months. That's not really that old for a seat. TRU and BRU never clearance out seats unless they are the last one and a floor model.

If you want a newer DOM, you may have to get a different cover from another store. Target carries MA and I think they have the Brook cover. Target also has sales that bring the MA down to $229 a few times a year.

zactayaus

Target carries MA and I think they have the Brook cover. Target also has sales that bring the MA down to $229 a few times a year.[/QUOTE]

If you decide to order through Target go to aaa.com/save and then click on "Target". It will take you to targets website and you'll get an automatic 10% off your entire purchase. Target's website is also having a "buy two baby items get free shipping" this week.

Ice Princess

thanks for the replies. I was hoping that they would maybe mark them down. It is a bit of money for my family and I know that my dd will be in the seat for the life of the seat if she is built any thing like me. So far she is.

I guess I will call the stores and see if they can check for me and find the one with the newest. I may even call the stores by my dad's house (diffrent state).

thanks for the replies. I was hoping that they would maybe mark them down. It is a bit of money for my family and I know that my dd will be in the seat for the life of the seat if she is built any thing like me. So far she is.

I guess I will call the stores and see if they can check for me and find the one with the newest. I may even call the stores by my dad's house (diffrent state).

just check your shipping first before having someone out of state buy it since shipping is quite a bit since they are fairly heavy.

Ice Princess

oh, he would bring it to me. it is only a 6hr drive and give him an excuse to see my kids. lol. he is a great grandpa. :thumbsup:

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I see old seats all the time...like years old. I went to buy ds's new seat Monday, and it was from July '07. I didn't get it, just because I was annoyed. All of the seats at our TRU were like that....it was bad. For me, knowing what i know and getting the seat for my specific purpose which I only need it for about 4 years, I would be fine..but so many parents don't know. I had a parent come in with a seat she just bought (it was literally still in the box.) and it was TWO years old..and it was a convertible seat she needed to last as long as possible through 2 kids.....she had NO idea she'd been gypped out of 33% of the seats life!!

melniemi

I ordered a Brooke Ma from Target.com in the beginning of Feb when they had their last sale and the dom was 12/07 - so not too bad:thumbsup:

celtic1885

I bought a MA this weekend (Ashley) at BRU - 12/07 - every BRU in the area (5 of them) all had dates around 10/07 - 12/07
Target had the Brooke (I think or Ashley) it had a date of 7/07.

I ended up getting the carseat at BRU - 12/07 not too bad and I had a 15% off coupon.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC