Nautilus in an 03 Trailblazer

Mom2One+One

Nautilus in an 03 Trailblazer **ETA Pics in center for Mish**

I thought I would post a few pics of the Nautilus installed in my 2003 Trailblazer. It was a breeze to install and get rock solid the first time. No playing around or adjusting anything. Super super easy.

Things I like:
  • The manual was easy to follow and understand.
  • The seat was easy to assemble.
  • I LOOOOVE the cupholder and cubbies. Coming from a Scenera full time, these are luxury to me. It makes it sooo much easier. My son was a "tosser". He would take a sip from his drink and toss it on the floor. Then he would scream for it when he wanted it back. Now that he has the cupholder, after a few times of reminding him to use it, he isn't screaming every 5 minutes.
  • I love the belly pad and strap covers.
  • The harness adjuster is wonderful. So smooth.

Things I don't necessarily HATE, but wish were better:
  • I wish the crotch strap had one more position. I can see a lot of kids outgrowing this seat because of that one feature.
  • It's a bit narrow. A child with very broad shoulders might feel cramped.
Things I HATE:
  • The LATCH strap adjuster is a PAIN. I don't know if its just mine, or all of them, but it is hard to get it to loosen to uninstall the seat. I nearly broke my finger trying to get that thing loosened.

All in all, I really really like this seat. My son seems to be very comfy in it as well. Well done Graco!

A few pics:
P3120092.jpg

P3120093.jpg

P3120094.jpg

P3120095.jpg

One of that devilish adjuster:
P3120096.jpg

Installed with seat-belt in center:

Its a VERY tight squeeze.
P3130097.jpg

P3130098.jpg

P3130099.jpg

P3130101.jpg

Its kind of hard to tell in the pic, but notice you don't see the seatbelt. Its situated on the seat so that its just behind the CR when its installed. Not sure if that is ok or not.
P3130100.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

firemomof3

Awsome pictures!! To get my Nautilus tight using latch I had to recline my captain seat back, tighten the latch, then incline the seat back to make it really tight.

mish

Thanks! I have a nautilus, and I am looking for a new car. I have been looking at trailblazers, so this was very helpful. A tip on the latch adjuster, if you have the seat in tight (which I am assuming you do!) maybe you can push down on the seat, allowing slack, and that will make it easier. I have to do this in my husbands truck. I actually have to put my knee in the seat to push it down. Hope that helps!

Mama2J

Thanks for the pics! You could put this in the review section too.

I almost thought that was my dh's truck when I first looked! LOL Actually he has a 2002 Blazer, and we just missed LATCH (and the name change), and the seatbelt install was a little trickier.

Mom2One+One

Thanks! I have a nautilus, and I am looking for a new car. I have been looking at trailblazers, so this was very helpful. A tip on the latch adjuster, if you have the seat in tight (which I am assuming you do!) maybe you can push down on the seat, allowing slack, and that will make it easier. I have to do this in my husbands truck. I actually have to put my knee in the seat to push it down. Hope that helps!

I love my Trailblazer. Installing a RF seat is tricky, but doable. The seat bight is really, um....deep? The bottom of the seat slants up a good bit and it makes it kind of awkward, but with pool noodles and a little practice, I had no issues.

mish

RF won't be an issue for me, as my kids are FF and I'm not having any more, but thanks! I do sometimes take my niece that is RF, but not often. Do you think I could do three across with the nautilus, a clek booster and a snugride? OK, now we are off topic, so you don't have to answer if you don't want!

Mom2One+One

I am very new and not familiar with every seat, but I can tell you this. A snugride will NOT install in the center of the Trailblazer. The stalks are too close together and it just will not fit. I tried and tried and tried and finally took it to a tech (when I was pg, before baby was ever even here) and the tech said that it just wouldnt work with the base. It's just too wide. Sooo, the only other option would be the clek or nauty center and snugride and whichever one isn't center in the outboard position. I can try the nauty in the center if you are interested. I'm certain it will fit but not certain about how much room it will leave on either side.

mish

That is ok about the snugride. It is my nieces seat, so no big deal. However, if you are willing I would love to see if the nautilus will install in the center. Thanks so much!!

Guess what? This is my 100th post!

Stretchy Glue

I am very new and not familiar with every seat, but I can tell you this. A snugride will NOT install in the center of the Trailblazer. The stalks are too close together and it just will not fit. I tried and tried and tried and finally took it to a tech (when I was pg, before baby was ever even here) and the tech said that it just wouldnt work with the base. It's just too wide. Sooo, the only other option would be the clek or nauty center and snugride and whichever one isn't center in the outboard position. I can try the nauty in the center if you are interested. I'm certain it will fit but not certain about how much room it will leave on either side.

A snugride will work without the base in the center. I have an Envoy so they're pretty much the same. I've had lots of 3 across combos in there. I love my truck for installs. Here are a few options I've tried...

100_0981.jpg

PegPerego, FPSVD, PW
100_3350.jpg

Husky, FPSVD, FPSVD
100_3345.jpg

Husky, FPSVD, FPSVD
100_2173.jpg

PW, laptop, Turbo
100_0497.jpg

Husky, Radian, MA

I'll dig up the Snugride photos when I get home. I know I took some a few weeks ago.

Mom2One+One

Yep, I should have made that more clear. It will NOT fit with the base. I don't know if I even tried it without because I work and the base was just soooooo much easier with having to get him in and out of the car to go to the sitters every day.

Stretchy Glue

Yep, I should have made that more clear. It will NOT fit with the base. I don't know if I even tried it without because I work and the base was just soooooo much easier with having to get him in and out of the car to go to the sitters every day.

Oh I agree 100%. If the base is available, use it. In a pinch though, it would work.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC