Clickty Click and the EFTA

The Bjorns

Hi All,

I was going to get my mom an EFTA for her car. We were out together this weekend at Target and I stopped to show her what I was most likely going to get her. She really didn't like how loud the clickty click was when I was demonstrating tightening with the adjuster knob. It WAS pretty loud and annoying. Are they this way in real life--not just a store display that people abuse? If so, is there any way to get around this--like holding the release button and tightening 99% of the way and then doing one final click to lock it tight?

- Diane

ADS

firemomof3

Yes, I had the same experience. Its just the way it is I guess. I wasn't impressed with the EFTA, actually I havent been impressed with anything evenflow has made!

Kris0722

We have a Bolero as a back up seat for my 3 year old - that seat has a similar ckickety clack. I will say we rarely loosen or tightn the straps - the straps remain fitted to him and he can get in/out w/o us loosening/tightening the straps ( when buckled in, his straps are tight).

The Bjorns

Well, good to know I guess. I think that the clickety click is going to drive my mother nuts. I know she'd do it, but I don't want her unhappy with the seat for the next several years. Now what?:scratcheshead:

jsmom

Yes, ours is the same. How often will she have to loosen it though? Its not a big deal for me but I dont have to loosen and tighten it that often..

mamaofthree

This post kind of made me laugh. I guess we are all sensitive to diff things. Def don't buy the seat if the sound is going to drive your mother nuts. As far as other options, what age and weight child is this for? RF or FF?

Kimberly

arly1983

This post kind of made me laugh. I guess we are all sensitive to diff things. Def don't buy the seat if the sound is going to drive your mother nuts.

EXACTLY!

It is always best to try out any carseat IRL before buying or buy from a website with a good return policy.

LOL, I have to tell you, my mom has an EFTA and so do I and I have never noticed it before:D

Last edited:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
In agreement with everyone, the click is there to stay.

My twocents is that you only hear it when tightening the harness, so she may not have to hear it regularly if you don't loosen the harness - and it's only a few seconds at any rate... guess it depends on how much if bugs her though. If it's like fingernails down a chalk board, even one half second of that regularly would drive me nuts.

The Bjorns

I agree--different things get under different people's skins very differently. I was very surprised when she commented on it because I had tried it at BRU and didn't really notice anything. What was that? Speak up! I can't hear you--it drives you nuts? What drives you nuts? I didn't hear anything!:rolleyes: Not that I, the loving daughter, would ever purposely do anything to drive my dear mother nuts...;)

She would probably loosen the harness each time she put DD in just because it would be easier for her. Right now, the seat would be very little if no use, but in Sept when mom picks up DD#1 from preschool, it will get used 3x a week.

DD#2 was 18.3# at 6 mo (don't remember height but it was 90%):eek:
By the time she's using it to help pick up her sister, she'll be 1 yr (August)

I love our MAs and was originally thinking about the FPSVD, but with all the cover issues and older DOM I was thinking the EFTA would be a better bet and keep her RFing as long as possible. We have a Radian in mom's car for #1, but I don't think a RFing Radian is going to work in her small car. I'm planning on playing with it this weekend, but I'm not hopeful.

I think I might just have to tell her to get over it unless you guys have a better suggestion that doesn't make weird sounds.

i have the evenflo triumph (classic) and i loosen it and tihten it fairly often as it is the spare seat in my car. and the two kids that go in it are quite different sizes. the click is still there has been since 2003 when i bought it but i had to go check when you mentioned it. i remember it being annoying at first but you really don't notice it after a while. its kind of reassuring in a way because you know it is tight. that adjuster knob may be the one feature i really like on the evenflo seats. it is especailly nice rf since you don't have to wedge your hand down in the seat to try and pull the strap. i would try the efta but i am afraid of it being so heavy(the classic weighs a ton), and it is so round it is hard to get anythign next to it. i am going with the fpsvd. even though the cover has issues and it is a older dom for the price i think i will get good use and i had read in another thread they we sending out marathon covers to some people. fisher price has always backed there products for me and i have owned many. even a swing that the cover ripped...it was discontinued years ago (the original duck cradle swing), when i had my daughter this past june i told them and they sent me the new butterfly swing. don't know if i was lucky or what but i didn't have to argue or anything.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC