Hip Monkey order problem?

U

Unregistered

On Feb. 25 I ordered a Sunshine Kids Radian 80 car seat from Hip Monkey, after being directed there by the Kyle David Miller FOundation. Two weeks have passed and while I have been charged for the purchase I haven't seen hide nor hair of the seat, and my attempts to contact them have gotten me no where. I came across another thread on this site about Hip Monkey and got the vague impression that it's a business begun very, very recently to facilitate selling car seats for the Kyle David Miller Foundation, which is great. If this is true and the owner is in fact having another baby imminently, then I'll hold my complaint to my credit card company. I don't mind waiting as long as I know the business is legit, but I'm beginning to wonder. Can anyone clarify?

ADS

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I can't clarify as to if the owner is having a baby or not, but can tell you that the business is actually owned by the founder of the KDM foundation - Kyle's mom.

So while I have no business dealing history, I do have reason to believe that the business will be reputable. It could be that when they opened up they were busier than expected due to the publicity that has been passed on through the KDMF, and that orders are just taking longer to be shipped than usual.

I would contact them nicely by phone or email and just ask if your order has been shipped yet. 2 wks seems premature to file a credit card claim without first trying to investigate if the seat has been shipped, and then tracking it. JMO. ;)

(Moved from coffee break to shopping and deals since this is related to a specific retailer/shopping experiene. :thumbsup: )

melniemi

She did just have a baby - the Wed during the sale I believe, 2/27ish. I, too, had some problems w/her responding to my emails and returning my calls. Then I emailed her and told her that I understood that she just had a baby and was busy with many things, but for her business to work, she has to have good c/s. (I had been emailing and leaving messages for 3 days) I said it in a nice and understanding way and she responded well and has emailed me back promptly since. The business has just started and she did mention that she was having trouble with an order of 70? radians that hadn't come in. I did order a seat from her and am waiting for it to come in. She was placing an order into Britax so I said I'd wait to get one with the 35# limit.

anjomi1986

Hi new here!
Christine did in fact have a baby. Actually the trouble is coming from SK with them being back ordered, so she is sending me a radian80 at no additional cost. I ordered a radian65 in granite and instead I will get a Radian80 in princess. She has worked with me great so far.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC