Luggage cart to use with car seat through airport

niccig

Another travel question, but I have to work out all the logistics before I'm comfortable to travel

We normally take DS's stroller through the airport with the car seat bungeed on . But DS at over 3yo, never rides in the stroller at our destination. I can't remember the last time I had him in a stroller here at home. We keep him in the stroller during check in and then once past security he gets out and walks the entire way to the gate pulling his own back pack.

I'm really tempted to not take it with us, and get a luggage cart that I can bungee the car seat too. I'm not looking at a GoGo Kidz. I know a few people put car seats on luggage cart to take through the airport. Do your kids ride in the seat, or is it just for transporting the car seat.

Our flight is direct, so no layover, we do have a very late night flight leaving, but I figure DS can run around if he wants so sleeps on the plane, or I can have him sleep curled up next to me in the chairs at the gate.

Any suggestions on luggage carts? How to strap the car seat to it. Our car seat is an Uptown.

Thanks again. And I really should stop worrying about our trip and STUDY.

Last edited:
ADS

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
We have an American Tourister brand one we got at Wal-Mart for our Radian. I have hauled DS around the airport on it (but you can tell him and the carseat are testing the limits of the cart. :whistle:)

I find it a bit complicated to take on and off - I think mostly because of the design of the Radian... it doesn't stand up on its own, so you need to hold it up while you bungee it to the cart. Even so, it has made things much easier at the airport.

HTH!

niccig

I was thinking of getting a heavy duty folding luggage cart. If I can get the Uptown on it without too much difficulty, I was hoping I could leave the seat attached to the cart to go through security (?) and then I just have to put it on/off once. Sigh. Life should be easier. Maybe we to just take the stoller as a glorified luggage cart, but that has it's issues too.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Check out the "Traveling Toddler"

It's a strap you use to hook your seat up to a rolling suitcase.

natysr

Check out the "Traveling Toddler"

It's a strap you use to hook your seat up to a rolling suitcase.

:yeahthat:

We love ours! One tip. Gate check the rolling suitcase that you use, and bring a backpack for the things you want on the plane.

I don't know how wide the uptown is, but the marathon is too wide to fit down the aisle of the plane, so this is why I gate check the rolling suitcase. It will be waiting for you when you get off the plane.

134287406_pZ2Hc-S.jpg

Dillipop

On the luggage cart we bought ($15 at kmart), I am able to use the marathon latch straps to attach the seat to the cart. I also attach the tether and it is very secure. I bought the cart that had the 100 pound limit, I believe.

crunchierthanthou

my advice is to get a cart with metal supports. We got one like this that I thought would be fabulous. It folded up all compact and even came with a little carry bag. One of the arms snapped off before we even got out of the house. :( Luckily, it was just a trial run and we weren't actually depending on it right then. It had a 50 lb limit, which is pretty much ds + a MA, but the base of the MA made it so that all the weight was far out on the arms. I think it put too much pressure on them.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
my advice is to get a cart with metal supports. We got one like this that I thought would be fabulous. It folded up all compact and even came with a little carry bag. One of the arms snapped off before we even got out of the house. :( Luckily, it was just a trial run and we weren't actually depending on it right then. It had a 50 lb limit, which is pretty much ds + a MA, but the base of the MA made it so that all the weight was far out on the arms. I think it put too much pressure on them.

We've been using the Samsonite Micromover for about six years (6 roundtrips)...and have loaned it out multiple times as well...it has always worked great. It has been used with a Britax Advantage, Marathon, and Boulevard, a Costco Scenera and a Graco CarGo.

Ours never came w/ a storage bag though!

niccig

Thanks for the options everyone. I'll talk with DH and we'll see how much stuff we'll have. We may need a rolling carry-on on board or I like the idea of gate checking it. We always take a duffel bag as our extra bag in case we need one, and when it gets used, DH has to balance it on top of a rolling bag, it falls, off, he curses. A luggage cart for the car seat could also be used for this bag - DS will have to walk then, but he mostly does now anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC