New MAs have higher top strap slot?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Anyone w/ both old and new have any insight to this? There's a post or 2 on BBC about it and I hadn't seen it mentioned here so I thought I'd bring it up and see if anyone has an old and new they can compare.

ADS

melniemi

let me go measure - brb!

Just measured a 10/04 and an 11/07. W/o foam and w/o cover, measuring from the flat part where the latch is stored to ship, I got exactly 18" on both, no difference. But it seemed my dd1 was a tad below the 2nd to top slot when she rode in her seat this weekend and in her old seat she was a tad above it. So I don't know????

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
That'll be funny, since they've gone from claiming an 18 inch top slot to claiming a 16.5 inch top slot. I can't wait to see what Mel finds :)

fyrfightermomma

You know when I Just got my MA last week (feb 08) and put my 2.5 y/o in it it did seem like there was more room to the top slot vs my 06 and 07 MA's. Now I know it wasnt installed so I thought that was the reason but I'll be interested to see if it really was higher :)

melniemi

You guys are too fast - I edited my post above and will take pics to post after I feed my kids lunch!

melniemi

Maybe the new seat with the 35# rf limit truly is a new mold and does have higher top harness slots????
That would be cool. Now I hope the new seat I just ordered that is said to have a 35# sticker has higher slots too!!!!

Chris920

The top slots on my 6/06 and the 2/08 I bought for my sister are exactly the same--17 1/2-- shell only. The slots on the '08 cover were nearly 3/4 inches above the true slot so I had to measure coverless. Maybe we'll see a difference on the doms after 2/18. If anyone is judging by the cover only, they will seem a lot higher but they are not.

melniemi

Alright, here are my pics.

10/2004 Marathon
100_6583.jpg

11/2007 Marathon
100_6584.jpg

I think it looks the same. I measured from the exact same spot on both - the flat part where the latch is now stored when shipped. I'm interested to see the difference in the 2008's - if there is a difference!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Interesting...how do you make a seat w/ 18" slots and only end up really getting 16.5" when you add the foam and install it?!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC