AOE Manual....(question)

Zaiyne

why is it they insist on using height measurements? They list 34" being the least a child can be before ff but gosh the max height for rear facing is 36". Now I am guessing that their 34in would be 3rd from bottom slot. But not sure where 36" would put the child.(I think that would have them in the third slot rf but in the top harness slot when ff?) I guess I am going to have to call the customer service to see which slots that would put my son at. I want to make sure when he hits the max limit that he is turned FF. Why am I worrying about this now? Because he is not far from me having to move the harness up as it is (he is in that iffy almost ready to move up but not quite spot) And if that is the last slot to use for RF I am not going to be happy! Did I mention I HATE this seat!

Last edited:
ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Re: AOE Manual....

The only height listed that makes a difference is the 34". They require that for a child to use the seat rfing. You can use the seat rfing as long as the child's head is less than an inch from the top of the seat. AJ was able to stay in his Scenera (same heights listed) rfing till about 37", he outgrew it ffing about 38", right about the same time. It will be different for every child b/c some have long legs and some have long torsos like my kids.

Zaiyne

Re: AOE Manual....

The only height listed that makes a difference is the 34". They require that for a child to use the seat rfing. You can use the seat rfing as long as the child's head is less than an inch from the top of the seat. AJ was able to stay in his Scenera (same heights listed) rfing till about 37", he outgrew it ffing about 38", right about the same time. It will be different for every child b/c some have long legs and some have long torsos like my kids.

so even though it is listed as rf use: 5-35lbs,19-36" the 36in doesn't matter..
So does the true limit go by the top of the shell or the top of the headrest? In the top harnessing position(not booster only position) the headrest is about an inch over the shell. :scratcheshead:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I would go by the shell, but techinically it should be able to go by the headrest since it's strong enough to be used above the shell as a booster.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC