CPS Training

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
Starts Tuesday! I can't wait, the only thing I am worried about is Frank and I are both sick right now, so if he's still sick I'm not sure who's going to watch him (can't go to daycare if he's sick and dh works on Tuesday. Wed and Thurs are no problem, dh is off, then Fri and Sat Frank is going to a friends house for the day.) This will be the longest time period I have been away from Frank since he was born, I hope he does okay. Any tips to help me thru the class? I'll be checking in each night if I have any questions ;)!
~Sarah~

ADS

Robert

CPST Instructor
Sarah, As a help in class make sure you can answer all the question at the end of each module. Also don't be afraid to ask any questions you may have in class. Don't worry what others may think about the question, for I am sure someone else has the same question.
Robert

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
Thanks for the help so far! It's going good so far, it would be much better if the weather would cooperate when we go outside to practice, but no such luck so far. I have learned so much from this site that it's really helped me compared to the people who haven't used carseats in a while (if ever, lol!) Cross your fingers for a nice day on Saturday for the check event!
~Sarah~

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Another CPS training Q?

Has any other college tried including CPS training in their FAFSA info :confused: I'm currently a college student & would like to become a certified CPS tech ... I'm awaiting a reply from some Childbirth Educators as well to see about paying all the costs via FAFSA & student loans - maybe if I can get the class fees covered then I can afford the transportation & hotel to get it all done :eek: (I've got my experience in for the Childbirth Education, but I still have to get my contact hours & the only dates I can make are scheduled to take place all the way on the other side of the continent) :)

KeikiHula

Were you studying to be a midwife or a doula? (I can't remember)
You could come here and take your CPS classes with me. :D
You were trying to get certified for foster care, weren't you? How'd that go?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
KeikiHula said:
Were you studying to be a midwife or a doula? (I can't remember)
Childbirth Educator - getting that certification 1st, then on to the others ;) http://www.freewebs.com/maribellepapoose/childbirtheducation.htm
You could come here and take your CPS classes with me.
Love to :p
You were trying to get certified for foster care, weren't you? How'd that go?
Well, last I heard from DSS I'm the Emergency Foster Parent choice for my stepkids (SS has been in the NYS Persons In Need of Supervision program since he was barely 10, just about a year now) ... I'd started my general FP certification to accept other kids as well, which takes months, but now that I'm planning to move sometimes within a year & will be living in the OBGYN practice (examinations downstairs, massage & childbirth education 2nd floor, apartment 3rd floor), I decided it's best to wait to finish that later at some point if it's still a possibility with our lifestyle - I have volunteered to host an inner city kid this summer through http://www.freshair.org though :)

I'll probably wait to do the CPS certification until after I move - then it will be a business expense & not out of my personal pocket!

U

Unregistered

papooses said:
Has any other college tried including CPS training in their FAFSA info :confused: I'm currently a college student & would like to become a certified CPS tech ... I'm awaiting a reply from some Childbirth Educators as well to see about paying all the costs via FAFSA & student loans - maybe if I can get the class fees covered then I can afford the transportation & hotel to get it all done :eek: (I've got my experience in for the Childbirth Education, but I still have to get my contact hours & the only dates I can make are scheduled to take place all the way on the other side of the continent) :)

I dont know if CPST classes count on FAFSA but if you find out let me know! I'm a college student too and if it counts i definatly will file for it. I'm considering using my student refund check (yeah i over paid by more than a thousand dollars!!!) for classes over x-mas break.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC