Why is the height restrictions on AOE

U

Unregistered

so short on rear facing? Mine go to 35 pounds rear facing which we are a long way off (only 22 pounds just now) but the height restrictions are only 32" and stretched out the kids are 30 and 32" tall. They don't seem to be taller than the insert portion where the straps are threaded through (the part that adjusts up and down). And twin B does have nice long legs so that accounts for most of the height difference.

I really didn't want to turn them FF until at least 2 years old as I feel it's much safer plus they were micro preemies (13 weeks early and less than 2 pounds each) and I just want them as safe as possible.

Is 32" the average height for a 30 or 35 pound kid??

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I don't know - it just seems to be an ideal seat for short, wide kids :p My kiddo outgrew the harness by height at only 2 years old but at almost 4 is still not yet even 35 pounds.... For the $ Britax convertibles are a way better buy, IMO :eek:

U

Unregistered

The only Britax we could get here is the Marathon :( sometimes I wish we lived Stateside.

Neither kid is anywhere near the top of the seat though. and I am talking the inside seat, not the outside one. I am really happy with teh seat other than this though.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'd personally ignore that height limit...that's what my shortish 18 month old was! 32 inches...that's an insanely low height limit, IMO. Even the Touriva has a 36 inch limit, which is more like a 2.5 yo.
Mainly, you want to not have the head go above the top of the seatback...kids can generally make it to 3+ in that seat if you follow that 'head even with the top of the seat' rule in the AOE.
Yeah, the Marathon is nice, but forking out $700+ dollars for two of them would be awfully tough to do!

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC