Yay! I just got my new infant seats.

I just had to express how happy I am that my in-laws finally bought us our infant seats for the girls. Talk about cutting it close, their c-section is in 13 days!

I've gotten to play w/ them & just love them. I love how the headrest/harness adjusts together w/ a turn of a knob, no rethreading! The handle of the seat is a tad hard for me to adjust ( my one handed factor) but I'll deal.

They are the Baby Trend Flex-Loc seats in Grey Mist. Now for me to just figure out how I want to place the seats. LOL... I've tested them out w/ DS's FPSVD installed in the middle but I'm going to see how they fit if DS stays outboard. It's easier on me to get DS in the car if he's outboard.

I'll post pics sometime soon.

ADS

racesmom

Senior Community Member
JFYI, a mom on another board is struggling with this seat. Her 12 lb'er has outgrown the harness. It will NOT adjust bigger. JSYK.

racesmom

Senior Community Member
My friend had that infant seat and her 20 lb, 7 mo old fit well. I wonder if the person pp spoke of has seen a cpst for help?

A tech has seen this problem on someone else's in person. Maybe not all are the same??? The one I spoke of has a 12 lber (8 weeks, I think) with the harness fully extended. It won't get any bigger and the crotch strap is all the way out. :shrug-shoulders:

JFYI, a mom on another board is struggling with this seat. Her 12 lb'er has outgrown the harness. It will NOT adjust bigger. JSYK.

Wow, she must have one big baby or a weird seat. I just raised the harness to it's highest position & it measures 11" high. Or are you saying that her baby is just on the chubby side & therefore there isn't enough harness length to fit her baby? I just had DH help me pull the harness ALL THE WAY OUT & pull the crotch strap ALL THE WAY OUT & I just don't see how an 8 week old 12 pounder wouldn't fit. My DS was 16lbs at 8 weeks & I know he would've fit (but he was long so he wasn't chunky). I'm tempted to go visit MySillyKids & put her DD in the seat & see how she fits, then got to my BILs & put his 5 month old in it to see how he fits (I can't remember his weight but he's chunky).

mominabigtruck

Ten bucks says she's doing something wrong:twocents: It's pretty near impossible for a two month old baby to outgrow a seat unless they are off the charts huge.

cryswilkins

A tech has seen this problem on someone else's in person. Maybe not all are the same??? The one I spoke of has a 12 lber (8 weeks, I think) with the harness fully extended. It won't get any bigger and the crotch strap is all the way out. :shrug-shoulders:

Is that baby in a snow suite? :whistle:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Nope, I'm the tech Angie was talking about who played w/ the seat and found the same thing. This is not the first time I've heard this complaint either so maybe there's a batch of super short strapped ones? I have no idea if the crotch strap was out all the way on the one I saw as I couldn't figure out how to check it. It was pretty long though so it had to be close if not all the way out. I tried to stuff Ilana in it (she's 21# and 30", so I know a little big for it), but there's no way she would've fit very recently in that seat. The little girl who it belonged to barely fit and she was 3.5 mos old, maybe 13#? She still had 5 clicks to go before the headrest was all the way up and that just makes the straps closer to the seat and tighter since you can't let them out sufficiently.

The baby Angie is talking about hasn't outgrown the seat, but is close b/c of the straps. No baby should be close to outgrowing an infant seat at 2 mos old, no matter how big they are. She still fits now, but I doubt she'll last another 2 mos in the seat and that's w/ having to wrangle her arms in the straps b/c you can't get them to 'open' up to make getting baby in easier.

ETA: The other mom who complained of this to me contacted BT and they did nothing, they told her it was not possible and she must be doing something wrong. I have such little experience w/ this seat that this is about the only experiences I've had w/ them, so not good. Target has them in stock now so I'm assuming I'll see more at checks and I should look at one the next time I head to Target to see if it's different.

sirrahn

Hmmm strange. It must be a short strapped batch.

:thumbsup:That is odd. I have a pic somewhere of my youngest DD in that seat at 15 months (mine was a Latch-loc, but AFAIK the carrier is the same). She still had plenty of harness to adjust and she was just barely outgrowing it heightwise.

Last edited:

racesmom

Senior Community Member
Wow, that's a HUGE dfference! Would you mind measuring the harness straps and crotch strap for me (if you still have the seat)? Maybe we can compare and see if she has a shorter harness or crotch strap.

Thanks!

ETA: Sorry to go OT on this thread! I was only warning the OP since I'd heard of problems. Now that others say they haven't had a problem I'd like to see if the problem can be fixed for the other mom. Thanks!

sirrahn

Wow, that's a HUGE dfference! Would you mind measuring the harness straps and crotch strap for me (if you still have the seat)? Maybe we can compare and see if she has a shorter harness or crotch strap.

I was afraid someone would ask that:( I gave the seat to a friend when we were done with it.

The crotch strap adjusts by wrapping (or unwrapping) the length around the metal plate that holds it in the slot. That wasn't even adjusted as long as it goes. There wasn't a lot of tail left on the harness adjuster, but I don't recall it being a problem at all getting her in and out.

I wonder if somehow the straps were threaded wrong through the headrest. My one big complaint about that seat was that it was a total PITB to get the harness rethreaded.

Thanks!

ETA: Sorry to go OT on this thread! I was only warning the OP since I'd heard of problems. Now that others say they haven't had a problem I'd like to see if the problem can be fixed for the other mom. Thanks!

NP at all about bringing up what you did because it made me inspect my seats closer. I text my SIL yesterday & she said my 5mo nephew is 18lbs & 23" (so short & fat). I'll have to put him in the seat & see how he fits.

I just put DS down for nap so I'll see if I can get the straps all the way out again on both seats & measure them for you.

Sorry it took me so long. If I got it done right (a tad hard to do one handed & DH isn't very helpful, lol) I got a fully extended length of 19" on the harness (w/ headrest in lowest position). On the croth strap I got 5.5" fully extented (that's starting from opening of cover where crotch strap comes out to top of buckle).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC