For the Mamas....

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Pretty off-topic, but I figured most women here are of child-bearing age (early teens through late forties), so I wanted to share a really handy website for keeping track of your monthly cycles with free charting, graphing, etc. :rolleyes: ;) :cool:

http://www.fertilityfriend.com

ADS

KeikiHula

hmmm...so is there a reason you are using fertility friend?? ;)

I used it the first couple years when I was trying to get pregnant and actually took my chart to my dr when I realized I was pregnant with Morgan, to confirm the date I ovulated b/c I had such wacked out periods, they were trying to tell me I was a couple weeks farther along than I knew I was b/c they were going off my LMP. (hows that for a run on sentance???lol)
If you are good about charting, this site makes it SUPER easy and kinda fun.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Heheheh - I'm just horrible at keeping track of my cycle & was thrilled to find something to make it so easy :eek: We're talking about TTC in about a year, so I want to start getting in the habit of keeping track :) Not that he can't figure out when I'm fetile anyway since he is an OBGYN, but I like to try to maintain some sort of control myself, LOL :p

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Thanks but NO THANKS!!! My child bearing is OVER!!!! After 3 horrible pregnancies with my first ending in a 35 weeks stillbirth due to IUGR after battling PTL (preterm labor) starting at 30wks, my 2nd (Kaylee) almost losing at 13wks due to IC (Incompantant Cervix) and PTL and on a terbutline pump from 30-37wks. Then with Kinlee another cerclage at 13wks for IC, PTL at 32wks with again the terbutline pump then add on Polyhydromines (sp?) plus an emergancy c/s due to her going into distress at 35wks. Plus her going into the NICU due to breathing difficulties. Yep, We are sooooo DONE!!! That doesn't even take into count the Dr appts, u/s, plus NST & BPP every 2wks either.

I myself couldn't handle another pregnancy or could my family. We all are nervous wrecks the moment the pg test turns positive. We don't truly get to enjoy my pregnancies at all.

KeikiHula

I'm right there with ya Jenny. I had PTL from 12w with Keanu. He was born at 25w and died soon after delivery. 5 months later I got pregnant with Morgan, had a cerclage at 17w, battled PTL the entire time and was on bedrest from 12w on. I never had to do Terbutiline, but was on a few other meds, had gestational diabetes, and U/S's at least every other week. Cody was a complete accident. We started talking about MAYBE having another baby when Morgan was in school, knowing what we were up against, and then found out I was already 9w pregnant!lol Ooops... Then did the whole highrisk pregnancy with the cerclage (3 years to the day after Morgan's), U/S every week from 14w-27w, then every other week until the end, and then another 37w delivery. Dh got snipped when Cody was 4 months old. ;)

I really like Fertility Friend. I used it when we conceived Keanu (it's the way I *knew* I was 24w, even tho they kept saying I was only 21w and wouldn't do anything to help him when my water broke), and how I *knew* I was 2 weeks less than they said I was with Morgan so I wouldn't be induced too early.
As much as I would love another baby, my baby making days are over. It's strange how things like this change people. When I told everyone I was pregnant with Keanu, everyone was so happy b/c we had been trying for a while and had had a couple m/c's. With Morgan, everyone was happy, but VERY cautious. With Cody, both our mom's actually cried b/c they were so worried.

Tara

I used fertility friend too .... for one cycle, barely LOL
It does get my vote for ease of use!

My 'norm' has been one full cycle between pregnancies, so, I've just not ever thought about it or made it back to chart anything hehe

But it IS a good site for doing so, IMO

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
jen_nah said:
I myself couldn't handle another pregnancy or could my family. We all are nervous wrecks the moment the pg test turns positive. We don't truly get to enjoy my pregnancies at all.
I'm so sorry to hear ... the site is also an excellent tool to use for NOT getting pregnant ;) That's a major reason behind why I'm using it now - I trust him to know when not to do certain things since he's a professional, but I still like to be aware of it myself, KWIM?

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
papooses said:
I'm so sorry to hear ... the site is also an excellent tool to use for NOT getting pregnant ;) That's a major reason behind why I'm using it now - I trust him to know when not to do certain things since he's a professional, but I still like to be aware of it myself, KWIM?

I have an IUD and dh will soon be getting snipped. I am a low maintain woman and hated taking my temps when trying to get pg with Kaylee. But, Did use FF when we were trying to conceive Kaylee.

j4m4d8

Papooses, I've charted for years on paper and recently decided to chart on the computer. If you decide to get serious about charting, you might want to try the program at www.tcoyf.com. It represents fluid graphically which is easier to read at a glance. Also, I feel the ovulation dates are more reliable. I like their graphs better--the scale doesn't exaggerate the variability in the cycle as much as Fertility Friends. And it's more customizable for avoiders.

There is a free trial, but it has a one-time cost to keep using it. So if you're just casual about it and Fertility Friend's free charting is good enough for you, it isn't worth getting. But if you have to have Fertility Friend's VIP charting, you might want to consider it.

You'd really trust him to know?

Julie

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Cool - thanks for sharing the link!

j4m4d8 said:
You'd really trust him to know?
Yes - he's an OBGYN for starters, but we're also dealing with some other private issues that are very serious & he has definitely proven himself ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC