Odyssey or Sienna

P

PA Mom

Any opinions on choosing between the Odyssey and the Sienna? I purchased my 96 Civic a few years before DS was born and with >150K on it and the kids complaining in the back seat about the limited leg room, I think it's time for a minivan. I love my Hondas, but I've heard good things about the Sienna. The options confuse me though. We're looking at the Ody EX-L RES. What would be a comparable Sienna? Any advice?

ADS

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Are you buying new? I can compare the 2005/2006 Odyssey to the 2004/2005/2006 Sienna. I was torn between the two as well, as many mini-van buyers today are, and went with the Sienna XLE limited. I love my van!!! I have had it 3 weeks and am so happy I got it. The Odyssey EX-L is comparable to the Sienna XLE with leather and side curtain airbags....but Toyota has so many different packages it is hard to tell somebody in plain english which Toyota it would be. Haha, it is confusing! The Odyssey is more of a sporty van and the Sienna is more of a luxury van...my sister calls mine the lux-o-van! What sold us on the Sienna vs. the Odyssey was the xenon headlights, more top tethers(and LATCH sets I think), wood grain and wood grain steering wheel, and the overall feel of the drive. Also I did not want run-flat tires and on the Odyssey to get the power rear hatch I would have to get the Touring which only has the run-flat PAX tires and on the Sienna I could get a Limited FWD with no run-flats and have the power rear-hatch...a must have feature IMO. Both vans are great vans and it will be a hard decision I am sure. It helped to me read up a lot on both vans at oddyclub.com and siennaclub.org before making my final decison. Good luck and post back if you have any ?? about the Sienna and I would be happy to help!
~Danielle

P

PA Mom

Well, got the Odyssey a few days ago. Kids love it. (So do we.) And, it's great not feeling like sardines. Maybe after the carseat stage, a compact car won't feel so compact with kids in the backseat.

We still have the Civic as a run-around car. But, I think we'll have a hard time getting the kids back in the Civic.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Also, what I found helped me in deciphering the options packages was to print out the page that lists them all. What you'll find is that they build off a basic package for each trim line, adding features with each step up. It then becomes quite easy to cross off the packages you don't want.

We love our '05 Sienna XLE. If I had to get something different, it would be a different type of vehicle altogether (hmmmm, a convertible Mercedes . . . a girl can dream!).

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
murphydog77 said:
Also, what I found helped me in deciphering the options packages was to print out the page that lists them all. What you'll find is that they build off a basic package for each trim line, adding features with each step up. It then becomes quite easy to cross off the packages you don't want.

We love our '05 Sienna XLE. If I had to get something different, it would be a different type of vehicle altogether (hmmmm, a convertible Mercedes . . . a girl can dream!).

Plus, some packages are not even available in various regions. If you visit http://www.buyatoyota.com/ , you can enter your zip code and the trim level and it will tell you which packages are normally sold in your area. You might be able to get others by special order or trades from other regions, but that can take a while.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC