How do you comment on pictures??

Shanora

How do you comment on friends pictures of their children who are not properly buckled into their seats (ie on Facebook) with out offending them, or embarrassing them?? A friend of mine just had a baby, and the straps are a little lose...and I want to let her know....I was going to post this

"Just a side note....the straps look a little lose. If you can pinch the strap and get any slack between your fingers it needs to be tightened, otherwise she could possible slipout during an accident! "

But I really don't want to embarrass her....should I post it under the picture, or send her a message??

ADS

bethng

I have the same problem right now. Friend with new baby...showing her off in a pic with the bundle me, aftermarket headrest and straps that are falling off her shoulders. I would not post anything of facebook in your case though. Maybe just a quick email like "what a cutie but hey girl...tighten up those straps on the car seat!"

Shanora

I did end up sending her a message (e-mail) through facebook about the straps, that way I know she'll get it, but noone else has to see it. Thanks for the feedback!!

mommy_quigg

I'm wondering the same thing. My cousin has 3 kids under 3. Her oldest is the same age as my DS, and her 2 oldest area in AOs. They look like they're on the RF recline but are FF. And they have winter coats on. And I don't know if she knows about the recall. I don't want to seem like I'm tearing her apart because she's a great mom! Just unaware... I don't know how to word it in an inoffensive way.

finleysmommy

I've had this SAME problem. My friend's boys are never properly buckled. The straps are always extremely loose and the chest clip is down at their belly buttons. :( I am so wimpy and scared to say anything.

Last edited:

MommaTooters

I am right there, too! I have a few friends who are miss-using their seats and it's hard for me to say something since all I know is that it's wrong. One gal as her 14 month old who MIGHT weight 20lbs forward facing and has had her that way since before she was a year old! :eek:

Shanora

LOL...See I don't have that problem....I will tell someone, expecially someone I know, flat out....I do have a problem with tactfulness, so thats why I asked about the above blurb...lol.

However my friends also know that I will tell them, and anyone who is new to meeting me, well it doesn't take long for everyone else to speak up and tell them I'm the car seat freak....lol :D

Ice Princess

I have said something to a friend before and I was not treated nicely about it. I was treated like I was dumb and couldnt possibly know what i was talking about because she has more kids then me and hers are older. Her peditrician didnt help either, telling her it was okay (it was a ff an 11 mo who wighed 22lbs :mad:)

Since then I have decided not to say somehting unless asked and this kills me. Most parents dont like to be told that they are doing somehting wrong. Unless it was family, becuase they have to love me :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC