what the heck is wrong with Britax's customer service?

aisraeltax

im quite irritated. i have 2 blvds and a marathon right now (long story).

anyway, on one of the blvds, the straps wouldnt click into the buckle this morning. i called britax and asked what the deal is. i told her i wasnt hearing 2 clicks and the right side was not staying in securely. this was a total PITA since i had to leave to get ds2 from school today. finally, after about the 15th try, it worked but i called britax from the car to ask about this problem and to also ask about the blvd. RF'ing to 35 lbs.

the person who answered the phone told me i would only hear 1 click. uh, no..i have had this blvd. for about 3 months and have ALWAYS heard 2 clicks. regardless, one side wasn't staying it..it wasnt working (when i got home, i took it apart and ran water over it and it seems fine now).

THEN (on the phone) i asked Britax about the RF 35 Blvd. We have to order a new carseat for upcoming baby but i dont want another 33 lb. one. Well, this person told me they didnt know when they were going to be released. Argh!!

So, when i got home, i had a new Blvd. in my garage. I opened the box immediately to see that it has a 35 RF limit. WTF??? Why are these being released without Britax ppl knowing they are out there?

I called the co. to complain. its just ridiculous that i find out about the release of these seats HERE instead of by Britax.

oh, and the seat that i ordered 3 months ago has a 2006 DOM....thats just annoying!!!

i have to say, as someone who loves the Britax seats and has purchased 3 thus far and planning to purchase another one in the near future, i am quite disappointed.

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
From what I gather, any Boulevard made around the first week of February and after will have a 35 pound limit. These will also have the new buckle that does 2 clicks.

I posted a thread a couple weeks ago, about a Marathon that had 2 clicks even though the buckle is the "one click" buckle. The first click was quieter and not as prominent as the 2nd though. The consensus was that this was still the "one click" buckle, and that overtime that first click gets even quieter and even disappears because the click is happening for a different reason than the click in their "two click" buckles.

So, my guess is that you had one of the "one click" buckles that had a quieter click for the 1st one, and yours is now no longer making that 1st quieter click. Your new 35 pounds Boulevard should have the "2 click" buckle and the 1st click should be just as loud and prominent as the 2nd click.

As for Britax customer service, not sure why they wouldn't know about the 35 pound Boulevards, obviously it hasn't been communicated to the CSR's. There is also 35 pounds Marathons out now, someone on this board got one recently.

aisraeltax

well, it still makes 2 clicks after it was cleaned with warm water. I have both blvds sitting side by side right now and cant tell a difference in the clicks.

its just annoying, after dropping so much money with this co., that their ppl dont know what they are talking about (my manual even says 2 clicks).

after a LONG time, i finally got out of the 2nd person that the seats made after 2/7/08 were 35 RF lmt. they still couldnt tell me if it was a new shell or just a label change though.

so, i lucked out and got the 35 RF'ing blvd. this time...but next time i may not be lucky. so i guess that means we have to buy from BRU (i detest that place).

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
well, it still makes 2 clicks after it was cleaned with warm water. I have both blvds sitting side by side right now and cant tell a difference in the clicks.

its just annoying, after dropping so much money with this co., that their ppl dont know what they are talking about (my manual even says 2 clicks).

after a LONG time, i finally got out of the 2nd person that the seats made after 2/7/08 were 35 RF lmt. they still couldnt tell me if it was a new shell or just a label change though.

so, i lucked out and got the 35 RF'ing blvd. this time...but next time i may not be lucky. so i guess that means we have to buy from BRU (i detest that place).

It is very possible the person you spoke to was new and just didn't know about the new rf'ing limits. Remember they are human and prone to mistakes.

She wasn't wrong in the 1 click though. All seats made before 2/08 are 1 clickers. This is a new feature to Britax. So, If your seat is making 2 clicks BONUS to you. As for it not going in it sounds like it was clogged with gunk (food/juice/etc...) and glad you got it figured out. I own 6 5pt harness Britax seats currently and owned 2 others that have now expired and none of them ever made 2 clicks. The 1st tong to go in was always quieter then the 2nd tong going in. It didn't matter which tong I put in 1st it was always quieter then the 2nd one.

As for getting an old DOM seat is not Britax fault unless you order directly from them. That would be the retail store you bought it from. It really depends on how fast they turn over their stock. To guarentee the newest DOM your best bet is to buy at a brick & mortor store where you can verify dates & labels.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
On the seat you got 3 months ago---did you get an awesome deal and a discontinued cover? If so...that's probably why it's an 06 model.

Susan

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
It is very possible the person you spoke to was new and just didn't know about the new rf'ing limits. Remember they are human and prone to mistakes.

She wasn't wrong in the 1 click though. All seats made before 2/08 are 1 clickers. This is a new feature to Britax. So, If your seat is making 2 clicks BONUS to you. As for it not going in it sounds like it was clogged with gunk (food/juice/etc...) and glad you got it figured out. I own 6 5pt harness Britax seats currently and owned 2 others that have now expired and none of them ever made 2 clicks. The 1st tong to go in was always quieter then the 2nd tong going in. It didn't matter which tong I put in 1st it was always quieter then the 2nd one.

As for getting an old DOM seat is not Britax fault unless you order directly from them. That would be the retail store you bought it from. It really depends on how fast they turn over their stock. To guarentee the newest DOM your best bet is to buy at a brick & mortor store where you can verify dates & labels.

:Yeahthat:

aisraeltax

i do understand that ppl are human...but this person did know about the new Britax weight limits...just did not know that they were out.

i have always heard the 2nd click...and my manual says that i should hear two clicks...so shrug on that one.

im not blaming Britax for giving me an old DOM seat...its just annoying. i did get it on sale but it wasnt a great deal...prob. $50 off which is NOT worth it to me for the loss of 2 years of use, yk?

i just thought i would vent here about the whole issue of their 35 lb. seat. I don't understand what went wrong with the click thing but i am glad its fixed. and i am glad that i have a 35 lb. RF seat. but, as someone posted, i will have to purchase at a store b/c that 2 extra lbs. is impt to me.

Oh...and i guess that is another thing that annoyed me. When i started asking about it, the rep I was talking to referred to that as a "small difference". Its not a small difference to me. I prefer for my babies to be RF as long as possible...just thought it was odd that they didnt have more information. I expected more from that co. I guess.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
i do understand that ppl are human...but this person did know about the new Britax weight limits...just did not know that they were out.

i have always heard the 2nd click...and my manual says that i should hear two clicks...so shrug on that one.

im not blaming Britax for giving me an old DOM seat...its just annoying. i did get it on sale but it wasnt a great deal...prob. $50 off which is NOT worth it to me for the loss of 2 years of use, yk?

i just thought i would vent here about the whole issue of their 35 lb. seat. I don't understand what went wrong with the click thing but i am glad its fixed. and i am glad that i have a 35 lb. RF seat. but, as someone posted, i will have to purchase at a store b/c that 2 extra lbs. is impt to me.

Oh...and i guess that is another thing that annoyed me. When i started asking about it, the rep I was talking to referred to that as a "small difference". Its not a small difference to me. I prefer for my babies to be RF as long as possible...just thought it was odd that they didnt have more information. I expected more from that co. I guess.

Again, Could have been a new CSR that purely didn't know. It happens and if you ever don't feel like you are getting your questions answered how you feel they should ask to speak to a supervisor.

I understand about lossing 2yrs. I would have taken this up with the retailer as soon as I got the seat. That is something they should have fixed for you.

While I understand that 33 vs 35lbs is important to you but to some it's is a small differance. We each feel strongly about certain things then other. I agree 2lbs is a small differance and I am very pro ERF but stastically most kids that hit 33lbs are well over 2/3yrs of age and at that point their bone structure is very much capible of handling being forward facing. Even my big dd2 didn't hit 33lbs until almost their 3yr bday. Again, If you felt she wasn't handling the call in the manner you wish ask to speak to the supervisor next time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC