MY FPSVD cover is coming apart.

kidzndogz

I have a FPSVD with a red and black cover that I used for the first 2 or 3 months of having the seat (bought it about 6 months ago). Then I bought a Fido cover and have been using that since. Well that got puked on last week so it was replaced by the red and black one again. I didn't get around to putting the Fido back on until just now, and I noticed the black and red cover is coming apart at the seams! It also constantly pops off the top of the seat and hits A in the head and bugs her.

So 2 questions:
1) Would they be able to replace the cover at all even though they don't make the seat anymore?

2) Should I feel guilty for wanting a replacement? I don't really *need* it as I have the Fido one I usually use, but I sort of want to have that backup, and since I paid for the seat I kind of want the cover to go with it. I just feel guilty because I'm considering calling and complaining about something I don't even use that much, kwim?:rolleyes:

ADS

MommyBoha

If you want a replacement, then they should replace it. Your seat is still under warranty. Call them. Id say they still have covers, someone on here recently got one or 2 replacement covers.

Last edited:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I would call Britax. They should replace it. If they do not have any covers they may send you a MA.

kidzndogz

I would call Britax. They should replace it. If they do not have any covers they may send you a MA.

An entire seat instead of just a cover?? EEK!! I think I just peed my pants a little.

They have silly hours. I tried to call them this afternoon and they had closed up at 1 something eastern time. Now I have to wait till Monday. Of course...for them it's awesome hours! ;)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
An entire seat instead of just a cover?? EEK!! I think I just peed my pants a little.

They have silly hours. I tried to call them this afternoon and they had closed up at 1 something eastern time. Now I have to wait till Monday. Of course...for them it's awesome hours! ;)

Yes. A member on here was sent a new MA when they could not replace her harness on her FPVD

kidzndogz

Yes. A member on here was sent a new MA when they could not replace her harness on her FPVD

Wow, she is lucky. I read on another post that someone else was having problems with her harness and they just sent her a MA harness. Isn't that weird? I mean, they say you should not use a MA cover on a FPSVD and they don't advocate that, but they will let us use MA harness straps?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Wow, she is lucky. I read on another post that someone else was having problems with her harness and they just sent her a MA harness. Isn't that weird? I mean, they say you should not use a MA cover on a FPSVD and they don't advocate that, but they will let us use MA harness straps?

I read that too :(. They will proably send her a new seat if she calls back sinde the tongs are not compatible with the FPVD buckle.

kidzndogz

I read that too :(. They will proably send her a new seat if she calls back sinde the tongs are not compatible with the FPVD buckle.

Would you by any chance know if they'd want me to ship my current seat back if they send me a MA? I would imagine they would, so I don't sell it for money or something. But the idea of finding a box and trying to find the time to mail that big thing makes me just rather have a new cover. :)

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Would you by any chance know if they'd want me to ship my current seat back if they send me a MA? I would imagine they would, so I don't sell it for money or something. But the idea of finding a box and trying to find the time to mail that big thing makes me just rather have a new cover. :)

IF they were to send you a new seat, they would probably offer you the option of having them ship the new seat to you before you return the old one. (They would take your CC# in case you don't return the original seat.) If that happens, just use the new MA box to return the FPSVD.

tjham

Gee, wouldn't it just make more sense for them to send a MA buckle to go with the MA harness and buckle tongues? :confused:

And, dang, they just should have made better quality covers in the first place.
Then the seat would have sold better and all this wouldn't be an issue. :rolleyes:

cryswilkins

I had the smae problem with my FPSVD, I called and got a replacement in 2 days. I think that it is more than fair that they replace it. I have heard that they have been replacing some FPSVD's with MA if they can't get a replacement.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor

It would not hurt to ask. As the PP said they will most likely do a CC hold and the you can return the FPSVD in the Ma box. I tell people that if you never ask you will never know ;).

Maggie

Oh you just reminded me that I'm still waiting for my cover from them.

I totally forget about it. Our cover is coming apart too. I called and they were super nice about it. She put me on hold for awhile, came back and said she had a few circus dot covers left. She told me it would go out that afternoon and I should have it within a few days. That was over a darn month ago!

So, even if they tell you they're sending a cover, you might have to call back and question were it is.

MommyBoha

That was me. They are now sending me the MA buckle. The lady I spoke with acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. I have to call them again on Mon, cause I havent gotten the buckle yet. (I called about it on Wed)

kidzndogz

Oh you just reminded me that I'm still waiting for my cover from them.

I totally forget about it. Our cover is coming apart too. I called and they were super nice about it. She put me on hold for awhile, came back and said she had a few circus dot covers left. She told me it would go out that afternoon and I should have it within a few days. That was over a darn month ago!

So, even if they tell you they're sending a cover, you might have to call back and question were it is.

Oh great. Guess we'll see what happens! I'll have to wait to call on Monday since they all went home at 1 o'clock on Friday.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
That was me. They are now sending me the MA buckle. The lady I spoke with acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. I have to call them again on Mon, cause I havent gotten the buckle yet. (I called about it on Wed)

I hope you get it soon. It can take a week sometimes.

MommyBoha

Ok, the worrier in me is taking over. Britax says NOT to use a MA cover. But then, why is it ok to use the MA harness and buckle.

Someone tell me that Im overthinking this.

kidzndogz

Ok, the worrier in me is taking over. Britax says NOT to use a MA cover. But then, why is it ok to use the MA harness and buckle.

Someone tell me that Im overthinking this.

Yeah I asked the same thing above. That makes no sense. If they are going to be sticklers over a cover they made themselves, why would they be so lax on a harness?? That's a very important component to a car seat...doesn't make sense. Especially since the harness on the MA is made differently than the FPSVD harness. If they replaced it for someone who didn't know any better, the person might try to use the seat to 65lbs instead of 55. Did they ask you to send the original harness back?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC