Britax Customer Service - Is this normal?

Mylilboyblue

So today I checked out my MA that I have in storage for DH's truck when DS grows out of his RA and I noticed a crack in the base. I never noticed it before, and I only used it a few times before I put DS in a SS1 so I had no idea where it came from. I called Britax, but first since it has a DOM of 10/06 they said it was out of warranty and it would be $50 to fix. Then she changed her mind and said that they had a good faith warranty where they will send me a brand new MA for $100. They are holding my credit card for a full amount of a new seat in case I don't send the cracked base one back. I am nervous about this. Is this something common? I asked for a tan crock skin print since I was tired of granite. She said I had to send the old seat back with every piece it came with or they would charge me. She wasn't very nice. Is this normal?

ETA: What sort of DOM should I expect?

ADS

melniemi

Doesn't sound right to me. I'd call back and talk to someone else. Do you know when you bought it? You should have a 1 yr warranty from when you bought it, not the dom. They should replace it for free, not $100.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
I agree call back and ask to speak to Michelle who is the supervisor for CS. Many of us have dealt with her and she has been super nice and took care of many of us during the Regent enhancement ordeal. Trust me she was overwhelmed with called from a lot of us but she went above & beyond.

I agree with the Mel that the warrenty has nothing to do with the DOM but the DOP (date of purchase).

Mylilboyblue

I called back to confirm, but because it has been over a year since we bought the seat, this is the best they can do. That is from a woman named Debbie. We bought the seats 02/07.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
OMG you are only 1 month out of the 1 year period and they want you to pay $100?!?! That just doesn't sound like Britax to me but maybe they did a big overhaul on their CS rules. :confused:

what do they mean with every piece??? you are supposed to send back the shoulder strap pads and belly pads and d-ring and all that jazz...dear god hope that nevers happens to me i don't use those shoulder pads or the belly pad and i have no idea where they went to.

aisraeltax

he warranty is 1 year from DOP right?? we bought a seat 3 months ago and it has a DOM of 2006...i was so stupid not to check that when we got it. idiot that i am!!!

Calideedle

Nope! Call back and talk to someone else!

I just called a few weeks ago because my 05 Marathon had a crack in it and they emailed me a shipping label and I took EVERYTHING off it (cover, straps, buckle) and mailed just the base. They got it and mailed me a brand new one. It didnt cost me one penny!

I would defiantly call back and put up a fuss! That isnt right! It didnt even last the 6yrs its supposed too!

Mylilboyblue

The problem is that I don't have proof of when or where I purchased it. I bought it from Babycenter.com last year, that is all I know. It is a bummer though. Is there anything else I can tell them that might make it less cost for me? They even have me paying for shipping the old seat back to them. The least they can do is let me keep my cover darn it!

Is there anyone else that I should speak to besides Michelle? PM me with contact info if possible.

Thanks!!!

Dillipop

I believe babycenter keeps records of what you bought. You should be able to log in to your account and find past info. I bought my volo there and needed warranty work done and was able to pull up the order and use that with maclaren. I believe my husky was stil there from 2005. That should be enough proof.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
The problem is that I don't have proof of when or where I purchased it. I bought it from Babycenter.com last year, that is all I know. It is a bummer though. Is there anything else I can tell them that might make it less cost for me? They even have me paying for shipping the old seat back to them. The least they can do is let me keep my cover darn it!

Is there anyone else that I should speak to besides Michelle? PM me with contact info if possible.

Thanks!!!

Since you can't pay with cash through the pc did you pay with PP, debit, or CC? That could be prrof. Also contact babycenter they may be able to pull an invoice.

Mylilboyblue

Okay I called Babycenter....they have great CS! They gave me my old order number and they are going to email me a copy of my order information from LAST YEAR. She also said I could return the seat to them for a full credit. Hmmmm...what to do. I already have the $100 seat coming from Britax. I bought my MA on 2.12.07 so it has been over a year. BUMMER.

Well I will at least call Britax back on Monday to see if I can at least keep my cover.

arly1983

She also said I could return the seat to them for a full credit. Hmmmm...what to do. I already have the $100 seat coming from Britax. I bought my MA on 2.12.07 so it has been over a year. BUMMER.

Turst me, your $100 MA is not going to be shipped by Monday morning.

Call back, ask to speak to a supervisor.

Tell her what happened and that you have contacted babycenter and they have offered you a full credit for the return of your seat or proof of purchase if you need it. You do not want their replacement MA, thank you very much and you have not been impressed with their customer service.

I have an idea that their CS has been overhauled since the recent sale out and the days of good Britax CS are coming to an end.

Calideedle

Definatly call back!

You probably got a bad CS Rep! I JUST recieved my new replacement seat. The one that was ruined was 3YEARS OLD! I didnt need to send them ANYTHING at all, just stripped the carseat mailed it. If I wanted the new seat first they said they would have to put a hold on my CC for the amount to be safe in case I didnt send it but I had extra seats so I didnt mind waiting. They got my seat and mailed my new one 2day air - I didnt have to pay anything and got a brand new few week old DOM Marathon! None of what happened to you sounds right.

DEFINATLY call back Monday!

jen_nah

CPST Instructor

Thanks!!!

Did you order it online with BC? If so you should be able to look in your BC registered account to view past orders. There it will show your purchase of the seat. If not contact BC via phone and I bet they can pull up your information and get you a copy.

I would be on the phone with a supervisor and then on up with Britax. I wouldn't give up as I think that is NUTS esp for a defective seat. I say push the issue and don't give up until you get an answer your truly okay with.

Mylilboyblue

UPDATE! Britax Customer Service - Is this normal?

So I called Britax this AM and spoke with Daphne. She was very nice and appologized for the service I had on Friday. She explained to me that this $100 replacement for seats out of warranty is somethinhg that just started a week ago. She did say that everything the woman I spoke with on Friday said was correct :rolleyes: but that she was sorry if she wasn't nice. So I am still getting my $100 MA and nothing has changed, BUT she did tell me I can keep my Granite cover and she was sorry that the other rep told me I couldn't.

So yes their CS is doing some big overhaul on policies. No more free seats.

Hey at least I can keep my cover. :rolleyes: That's the least they can do.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC