Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Britax special for those in the NYC/CT area

My sister, who lives in NYC, went to the babycatalog outlet store in CT and saw a flier in their store for Britax car seats. It has a store coupon code called BTXSPRING and a phone number of 1-800-PLAYPEN(800-752-9736 for people like me who hate spelling phone numbers out!). She was able to get a Marathon for herself for $219 with no tax. They told her CT, by law, charges no sales tax on car seats! I already bought my Regent from them during the big sale but these store prices are still cheaper than anyone else online I see currently around $270.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Thumbs up Re: Britax special for those in the NYC/CT area

Thanks, domandpedro75! I tried placing it online using the code but it didn’t seem to take the money off. I called them at the 800# to see if I could use the store coupon code you mentioned for a phone order and they said they would. I got myself a Marathon in Onyx and DH got one in Granite. Total was $438.00 with FREE shipping and NO tax!! Both were in stock and should be to me in a few days! Also, I asked - they are direct from Britax (they said they are an authorized dealer) and all DOM's are recent, within a few months! HTH!

Quote Originally Posted by domandpedro75 View Post
    My sister, who lives in NYC, went to the babycatalog outlet store in CT and saw a flier in their store for Britax car seats. It has a store coupon code called BTXSPRING and a phone number of 1-800-PLAYPEN(800-752-9736 for people like me who hate spelling phone numbers out!). She was able to get a Marathon for herself for $219 with no tax. They told her CT, by law, charges no sales tax on car seats! I already bought my Regent from them during the big sale but these store prices are still cheaper than anyone else online I see currently around $270.

Re: Britax special for those in the NYC/CT area

Quote Originally Posted by domandpedro75 View Post
    They told her CT, by law, charges no sales tax on car seats!
    I think there are several states that don't charge sales tax on child restraints. I don't have a list, however. Anyone know?

DS|2002|FF in Britax Frontier 85 and Graco TurboBooster
    DD|2007|FF in two Britax Frontier 85's

Carseat Crazy

Do you have to enter a special code online?
    I couldn't find the sale prices. Any idea how long those prices are good for?

It doesn't seem to work online...only in their outlet store or on the phone. If you already placed you order just call them and they should give you the store sale pricing according to the person below my original post.

"I called them at the 800# to see if I could use the store coupon code you mentioned for a phone order and they said they would."