seat depth/height in a booster

flipper68

Senior Community Member
I know I could hunt around for this but I'm on dial up so it takes forever!!

1) What boosters have the deepest seat?

2) What boosters have the tallest height adjustment? (I'm thinking Parkway, Monarch, and Indy). . .

I'm repeating myself: our big "carseat show" will be Saturday. I'm helping my cousin decide what the next seat should be. She has twin 4 yrs. olds 2/04), one of which is very close to outgrowing her MA (by height but barely 35lbs). Needless to say, she is LONG and very lean (just like her dad).

Since she is so tall, when/what factors would move you away from the GN or the Regent to a dedicated booster?

In otherwords, is another 1-2 years worth the $$ for a HWH? I'd appreciate "justification" from both sides to help me with the thought process.

ADS

melniemi

At barely 35#s, I would not consider a booster. The regent will likely last a year longer than the nautilus, but both will last considerably longer than the marathon. I would think she could be harnessed until 6 in the nautilus and 7ish in the regent. Although, her torso may not grow much now for the next few years and she could get even more time out of it. I would stay harnessed for a 35#er.

As far as boosters, the Monterey, which isn't out yet, but it promises to be deep and high. The vivo is high, but not deep. The parkway is high but not real deep, the monarch is deeper than the parkway, but not as high. Good luck!

scatterbunny

Have you seen my booster comparison photos?

The Vivo and Parkway and Recaro Start seem to allow the most height room of those currently on the market; the Monarch seemed to be a bit shorter; the SK Monterey is supposed to be even taller, according to info from SK, but it isn't out yet.

The Vivo is the shortest in the seat, though. The Parkway is a bit deeper but it slopes down at the front, letting long legs dangle at an odd angle. The Monarch is a bit better, a smidge deeper, but doesn't slope as much, so it's more supportive. The Start is only about as deep as the Monarch but the design of it makes it incredibly supportive. If you have seen my comparison pics, you'll see what I mean. The Graco AirBooster is the deepest and most supportive, but it does not adjust nearly as tall as the Monarch, Parkway, Vivo and Start.

I haven't seen an Indy myself, but it's supposed to have belt guides at least as tall as the Parkway, if not a bit taller. Seat depth is supposed to be about the same as the Monarch, from what I've read in reviews here.

But, like Melissa, I wouldn't go to a booster yet, at just 4y2mo and 35 pounds. My dd was officially too tall for a Marathon when I tried her in one at 4y9mo, but she's 6y8mo now and still has some growing room in the Nautilus harness (I also have pics posted here of her in the Nautilus), probably another 6 months, a year if I'm lucky. In the Regent she's probably got another year, maybe two if I'm lucky. Until age 3.5-4 she was all torso, but after age 4 her legs started sprouting and now she's pretty evenly proportioned, I think, maybe a bit longer-legged than average.

If they are all for harnessing as long as possible and have the space and tether anchors (or ability to get them), I'd go with Regents. If they would want to switch to boosters in about 2 years, I'd go with Nautiluses. At $150, they are about the most economical harnessed choice for such long-torsoed lightweights. I don't see any of the other seats offering high enough top slots to give enough growing room, besides the Nautilus and Regent.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC