Swedish seat in the UK? (was Re: Pictures of Swedish and Norwegian car seats RF up till 55 lbs)

U

Unregistered

Hi,

I am in the UK and am about to buy the rear facing Volvo car seat for my 2 1/2 year old. I see there are other options in the form of other seats. Can I buy from Sweden for the UK? Which is the best one? Help..... and thank you :)

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Moved from an older Coffee Break thread to the international forum for more visibility and likely more answers. :)

lil96

I am not positive, but I think as long as you are in the EU, EU seats are fine even if they are from other countries *I think* I am still figuring this stuff out myself :) let me know if you find out anything.
PS It should have a sticker on it somewhere that has the EU certification on it.

lenats31

Hi,

I am in the UK and am about to buy the rear facing Volvo car seat for my 2 1/2 year old. I see there are other options in the form of other seats. Can I buy from Sweden for the UK? Which is the best one? Help..... and thank you :)

YES, you can import a large Scandinavian RF seat and use it legally in the UK. They are ECE approved.

Several of us have large RF seats. Here are the photos of my Britax Multi-Tech. I am sure someone-else will follow up with photos of their seats. Some inhere have the Britax Two-Way Plus/Elite, Brio Zento and Graco.

The Multi-Tech and the Two Way are large seats with an 55 lbs/25 kg upper weight limit. harness slots go up to app. 17". The Two Way is app 58 cm tall from seat to top of the restreaint. The Multi-Tech is 62cm and it grows in height AND width . I can only speak for the MT, as this is the seat that I have.
April2008C015.jpg

April2008C017.jpg

April2008C001-1.jpg

April2008C002-1.jpg

April2008C005.jpg

2008A003.jpg

2008A004.jpg

April2008C003.jpg

April2008B006.jpg

Fully extended:
Marts2008001-1.jpg

Marts2008008.jpg

Marts2008007.jpg

Marts2008010.jpg

Mathias is close to 11 months old in the photos and he is app 82 cm tall/32" or so.

Sarah is almost 4 years old and 110 cm tall/43". She has one more harness/head support slot left in it. She uses it when Mathias is not in it, and when she wants to.

Lena

Adventuredad

Lena has provided some great answers as usual. Seats in EU are labeled ECE R44 and can be used in any EU country. There are quite a few options for seats available but almost all seats can keep children rear facing until 25 kg. (55 lbs):thumbsup::thumbsup:

If you need help with buying a seat from Sweden I can help you out (I'm currently living in Stockholm). Unfortunately, the excellent seats used in Scandinavia are very difficult (read almost impossible) to find in other EU countries. I'm personally using a Britax Hi-Way for my 21 month old daughter, you can see some photos in my "signature".

Please let me me know if you need any help with choosing a seat out of Sweden and thanks very much for thinking about keeping your son rear facing as long as possible:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC