Help me make sure I'm right

Chex

I saw an ad on my local craigslist that had an alpha omega for sale, but she was claiming that it was an extended harness carseat and that the harness could be used up to 80 lbs. I emailed her and told her that she must have misunderstood her manual and that the harness could only be used to 40 lbs and that it was then to be used as a belt-positioning booster up to 80 lbs. I'm correct, right? Cosco hasn't come out with any HWH seats, have they?
Just started second-guessing myself after sending the email.

-Ann

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Cosco has the Apex 65, but that's their only seat that goes over 40 pounds with the harness.

Wendy

Chex

She just emailed me back and said that she was mistaken, that it goes to 65 lbs. So I replied to her and told her I thought she was using the wrong name, that maybe hers was the Apex 65, not the Alpha Elite. Hopefully she can get her ad right now.

-Ann

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Alpha Elite DOES go to 65 pounds. That's another name for the Apex 65. However, the Alpha Omega or the Alpha Omega Elite goes to 40 pounds.

See, what happens is that Dorel sits people in a room and hands them "Alpha" "Omega" and "Elite" and tells them to name as many seats as possible with those three words. LOL

Wendy

Chex

You're kidding! That's so dumb! I'll have to email her back and correct myself!

Thanks for the info!

-Ann

MommyBoha

See, what happens is that Dorel sits people in a room and hands them "Alpha" "Omega" and "Elite" and tells them to name as many seats as possible with those three words. LOL

Well using different words might have required them to think a bit harder.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Well, verify with her. Here's the Alpha Elite.

pTRU1-3145364dt.jpg

Apex 65

albee-baby_1990_44617474

Cosco Alpha Omega

albee-baby_1988_62288844

Eddie Bauer Alpha Omega Elite

albee-baby_1987_117581953

Wendy

Chex

Now I'm really confused because she said hers doesn't have belt guides, but all of those do. I am right in thinking those are belt guides between the headrest and the body of the Alpha Elite and Apex, right? Who knows what she has? But she did look at her manual and changed the weight limit to 65 on her ad. She doesn't have a pic, though, so I don't know how to verify which one she really has.

-Ann

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Does the ad have a picture? You could always link us to the ad to see, or if you don't want us to see your area, you can right click over the picture and copy image location, then post it as an image here.

The apex doesn't have what she'd be likely to consider true belt guides - the headrest and how it positions serves as the belt guide - so it's not like the 3in1's that have the plastic guides, nor is it like a turbo booster or evenflo seat.

If her manual said 65lbs, I'd trust it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC