Yeah!!! I'm finally a tech :)

fyrfightermomma

Well class is finally over and I'm "officially" a tech :) I am very happy and teh class turned out better than it started. I did 5 of my own checks during our public check night and the instructors did not have to change one thing on my seat :) I got 100%s on all my tests too and she even let me helped the other students towards the end who were having trouble with their installs. I also got to teach teh class about the jacket thing where you let them wear a jacket but unzip it, do the harness and zip the jacket up over the harness. THey thought that was pretty cool. So my only question is....what do I do now?? Are their like little "cps clubs" online I should join or mailing lists or can I do anything differently on this site?? Or do I have to wait for my official tech number and stuff? Any help would be appreciated!

ADS

Ice Princess

tell more about thi jacket thing?

i am taking my course the end of april and then starting emt-basic at the community college this yr so do you have any advice you could give?

fyrfightermomma

I learned it on here :) The instructors hadnt heard of it. You aren't supposed to have your child in a heavy jacket in a carseat because the straps won't fit tight enough and perform well in a crash. However when its below zero alot where I live, not having a winter jacket and/or taking it off is not an option even if I warm the car up. So I zip them into their jackets, get them in their seats and unzip the jacket. The harness goes over their shoulders under the jacket and the straps lie directly on their clothing and are tightened appropriately. THere really isnt any part of the jacket under the straps. Then I zip the jacket back up over the harness. Its hard to describe unless you can see it though :) And oh yeah, You'll LOVEEEEE EMT class. I've been one for years and couldnt imagine doing anything else :)

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My instructors gave handouts which included the CPSPList link.... Did they take your email for your local SafeKids coordinator to send announcements?

Ice Princess

thanks. i knew that you cant add bulky layers because of compression so we just use blankies but i couldnt really see in my mind what it was so that link helps.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC