Anyone order from hipmonkey before?

kidrepair

I ordered my radian on Tues. Feb. 26, I got an email saying that payment went through and I should receive my goods. Well I never received it by Fri. so I left a message and never got a call back, still didn't receive by Sat. so on Monday I sent an email and finally got a reply and she said the shipment from SK was delayed and should be there by Tues. March 4 and shipment would be sent out then, still haven't heard a word and today is day 9, isn't this a little long even with the delay, it's driving me crazy, I havent gotten a new carseat in so long, I'm dying to play with it, LOL!

ADS

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I really dislike when stores claims things are in stock when they are NOT, and then don't have the decency to tell you UNTIL YOU ASK! And then, don't bother to send a shipping notification or other update if it hasn't yet shipped. GRRRR!

I hope you get your seat soon!

lovinwaves

Sounds like they were having it dropshipped from SK to you. This process can and will take longer than just the store having it in stock ready to ship the same day (or within a fewdays) you purchase.

I would call back and ask for a tracking #. Problems do arise in the retail world that may be beyond the stores control.

I just recently ordered a new stroller. I specifically called the online company to verify they had the product in stock, and to see if they could ship same day (yea, I hate waiting). I spoke with a nice customer service rep, who said yes it was in stock, and yes it would be shipped that day. I kindly asked for his name, and extension. That way if the product was not shipped in the timely manner he said it was, then I could call back and have some leverage.

kidrepair

The problem is there is never anyone there to answer calls, all they have is an answering system, leave a message and you never get a call back, they say on the message to leave an e-mail because they get back to you quicker that way, I am ready to cancel my order and order from another company, if only I could find another $169.99 deal.

domandpedro75

sounds a bit shady to me. Then again I'm the type of person to find a company I have a good experience with and stick with them. Great service beats savings of $1 on any order especially when most everyone is at the same prices. Now a savings difference of $30 might be worth a risk...

NVMBR02

The site has only been running a few weeks now, correct? I would keep calling (maybe try email if they have one listed?) It sounds like they have a few kinks in the system they need to work on. It is my guess if they are completely non-profit, they probably only have a couple of people working which in turn is causing some communication problems.

toothfairymama

I am very very very unsatisfied with hipmonkey. I order a Marathon but am returning it because it's only got a 33 pound RF limit. I ordered it at the end of March and CS keeps telling me "yeah, we've sent you the return label" so I can send the damn seat back but its May 3 and I still haven't gotten it.:mad:

hockeywoman

I am also very unsatisfied. I ordered during their radian sale, and the seats took 3 weeks :eek: to get to me. Then, when they finally arrived, one was the wrong color. The only recourse they gave me was to send it back and they would send another one. But, I NEEDED both seats starting that weekend, and there was NO WAY I was sending them the seat back. So I'm living with my brown seat in my grey car.

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Ack. When I ordered my first Marathon from Toy House (5.5 years ago!), they sent me the wrong color by mistake. When I let them know, they sent me the correct cover and let me keep the wrong one to make up for it.

hockeywoman

That's what I was hoping, but no such luck. I'd even have sent back the wrong color cover after I recieved the right one.

Ack. When I ordered my first Marathon from Toy House (5.5 years ago!), they sent me the wrong color by mistake. When I let them know, they sent me the correct cover and let me keep the wrong one to make up for it.

CMiller

Hi,
My name is Christine Miller and I am the President of Hip Monkey, Inc. I'm very sorry to hear that you were not pleased with your experience at Hip Monkey. Our first full month of business was February which also coincided with me giving birth to our 4th child on Feb. 28th. In retrospect, it probably wasn't the best time to start a brand new business. The store took off faster than I expected and I was trying to manage everything completely on my own. Couple that with the fact that Sunshine Kids was in an unexpected back order, it led to some problems!

We have learned a lot in the past few months, including the importance of having the right staff in place and have hired some wonderful people to help us manage and grow Hip Monkey. It is very important to me to provide great customer service and I'm sorry you didn't experience that when you shopped with us. I would like to make it up to you, so if there is anything I can do, please let me know. Future shopping with Hip Monkey should be a much better experience as we have worked out a lot of the "growing pains" and are now much better equipped to handle the larger volume of customers that we were initially not prepared for.

Please contact me anytime at info@hipmonkey.com or 877-816-9960 if there is anything I can do to help make your experience shopping at HipMonkey.com a better one.

Thank you,
Christine Miller
Mom of 4
President, Hip Monkey, Inc.

CMiller

Hockeywoman - if you could please contact me with your shipping information, I would love to send you a new cover in the correct color - free of charge.

Thank you,
Christine :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC