Ford F150???

T

TnT's Mom

Alright...so here's a dh move for you....after all the stress and dilemmas I had about what carseat to get for the Ford Sport Trac he drives, he has decided to try and break the lease early (it is his company vehicle and the lease is up next June) and get a Ford F150 Lariat if his company is alright with that. The Sport Trac has had some issues lately and he is tired of taking it in for service. So does anyone know anything about the safety of the F150 and having carseats in it (are they easily installed, etc)? It is the super crew 4 door, and has a 60/40 split back seat. Even though it is his work vehicle we like to have a carseat in it and his work is cool with that. I have the Blvd. that we just purchased so I am assuming it will work fine in this new vehicle but was just curious if anyone knew anything about this truck. And we will eventually want to actually put 2 carseats in...most likely another Blvd for ds #2. Thanks! (Oh boys and their trucks...it starts in the sandbox and goes from there :)!)

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
My brother has a F150 (my dad has the F250 - both 1999 I think) ... I've only ever fit carseats in my brothers once - the Wizard RF & FF just fine & the Husky as well :)

T

TnT's Mom

Julie, Thanks for the info. I knew the Sport Trac wasn't the greatest on safety so I hoped the F150 would be better. The carseat data site didn't have any info on a new F150 but the info from the dealer did say it was rated 5-star for frontal crashes as far as the driver and front passenger are concerned. I couldn't find any info on side impact but at least I decided on the Blvd. and it has side impact protection. When dh told me he was doing this I just looked at him like "are you kidding me?" He goes, "I know what you are thinking...I asked and the dealer says carseats fit really well in the back." I guess I finally have him "trained" and in tune to my safety concerns! :)

Papooses, Thanks. I am glad to hear that the Britax seats seem to install and fit well. When we get ds #2 his new seat for dh's vehicle I want to keep him rf so I was hoping there would be enough room and that the front passenger wouldn't have to sit practically on the dashboard.

T

TnT's Mom

I hear you on the height thing...I am 5'5" and I don't have a problem sitting in the seat in front of a rf carseat but just watch dh try to get in that seat. It is actually painful to watch him try to cram and fold his 6'1" frame into the seat and then getting out...we might as well get a pry bar :)! I can also squeeze between the carseats in the backseat of our Volvo if need be when someone else comes with us, not that I would want to do it for a really long trip but I have been known to climb through the front seats and into the back on roadtrips when chaos is breaking out back there. Dh always says it's good that I am relatively small because he can't even turn around in the passenger seat to reach a dropped bottle.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC