Graco Nautilus - It Is Pretty Cool!

Calideedle

So I got Kolin's Nauty today! At first I was kind of disapointed because it didnt look/feel how I thought it would. But after I got it all adjusted and had Kolin sit in it....I do like it :D

This is just for Grandma's Car (the few times a month he goes and bakes cookies with her) and for if we go on a plane :whistle:

He likes it though said he likes his other Seat better :love: He does like the little holes to shove toys in! His sister was rather upset she didnt get one too, lol!

The only thing I am worried about is the crotch buckle seems very close to the back, like if his bottom or anything grows he will be sitting on it! (he is using the farthest out slot now)

And is the headrest part fine there? Should it be lower?

Anyway, here are a few pics! He is almost ready for the 3rd slot!

100_0686.jpg

100_0687.jpg

ADS

sb518

The headrest is a little high, it should click right above the harness slots that he is using. He is so cute!

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The belt guides should be even with the harness slots you are using, so move it down one click, when you move the harness up, move the head rest up one click.

Also, it looks (and I could be wrong) that the harness slots you are using are slightly below his shoulders, and kids seem to loose height when it's installed in the car anyways, so you might need to move the harness up.

Calideedle

The slots are above his shoulders, not a lot but they are above...I will move them up before I put the seat it! And fix the head rest!

Thanks

HEVY

WOW! Red hair and blue eyes, real cute! I agree it looks a bit tight in the crotch area. They're gonna have to start making athletic cups for little boys in car seats. :rolleyes:

Calideedle

He does make the funniest faces!

I dont know if I want to keep it because of the crotch buckle, its just so smooshed on him, kwim?

I will install it in my sisters car and see how it is in there.

ginny4

what an adorable guy you got there!

he does look smooshed in his crotch & well he's only gonna get bigger. LOL i also mean that looks like his shoudlers JUST fit in there too. what's gonn ahappen when he grows? i know my boys at the limits of the harness but should be able to use the booster mode don't fit it width wise. hmmmm....i'd be hesitant on keeping it. if it was for your main car i'd say no way return it. but once a week..maybe?

Calideedle

I think I will install it and see how it fits him.

If not I have to find a different carseat for Gmas car and Travel!

Yeah he does just fit in there. He is only 3yrs (4 in May), lol.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC