silly question--can I embroider on a carseat cover?

courtfrog2

Okay... I have an Onyx regent cover and my girl wants it more girly. Instead of trading, do you think it would be safe if I used my embroidery machine and put some flowers on it or something? I've never seen it done and not sure if it would be safe or not.

Thanks!

Courtney

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I know others have done this. I do not think it really will alter the safety it is is not under or behind her. It may void the warranty on the cover by altering it.

courtfrog2

what does the warrenty actually do? You mean in a crash my insurance won't cover a new seat? Or is it warrantied against defects?

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
what does the warrenty actually do? You mean in a crash my insurance won't cover a new seat? Or is it warrantied against defects?

They would not replace your cover if there were defects most likely. Your insurance probably would not even know you altered the cover or that you should not and would probably still replace your seat if it was in a crash.

munchkin

I embroidered mine. I figured that if the small spots that were embroidered and not flame retardant actually caught fire, I would have more to worry about then those spots. (Plus I will get her to sit in it longer and be safer :thumbsup:)This is what I did to mine:

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00502.jpg

AND the shoulder pads/belly pads (my favorite)

DSC00700.jpg

courtfrog2

oh man... I'm at work and can't view the picture. Can't wait til I get home. Email them to me as an attachment! LOL.

BabyKaykes

I had planned on embroidering my son's FPSVD (I found a flame resistant thread), but now that I'm pg again I'll have to check my car seat configuration to see who's getting what

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm in the process of hand-embroidering my DD's denim Husky cover. I've read (but I forget where) that Britax has actually okayed such adornment. :)

TXAggieTech

Several Britax reps have okay it over the phone. I took my Granite cover in last week and the place we use said they couldn't do it, it was too thick. It is much thicker than our other covers, I guess it is new and also has more padding.

Let me know if you find a place that can do it, I have one more place here to try.

castanuela

Munchink! that embroidery is owesome!!:love: I love paws and bones, I have fido and faux paws covers, but I was thinking about embroidering a denim one so I could use it in the summer months, how much is the cost for the embroidery??

courtfrog2

I saw them!!! yay.. I love it. That is so cute. I asked my mom if she could do it for me and she said if her machine could handle it. I'm so excited.

You did a great job, Munchkin!

munchkin

Thanks everyone! I love it too, I just wish I could have gotten more paw prints and bones! (The lady I had do mine said she could only do the middles of the cover, because the hoop wouldn't go over the seams of the cover:thumbsdown:).

Munchink! that embroidery is owesome!!:love: I love paws and bones, I have fido and faux paws covers, but I was thinking about embroidering a denim one so I could use it in the summer months, how much is the cost for the embroidery??

I have the fido (blue Marathon cover) and I wanted them to match! It cost me $25 at a local sporting goods store.

I have another blue marina cover that I am deciding if I want to spruce that one up too :rolleyes:. (I have a bunch of yellow butterfly iron-on patches, but then both covers would be 'girly', so I don't know, but them I could always buy another cover :whistle:!)

courtfrog2

I just had another though. It would look cool to paint something on it with fabric paint! I used to paint all sorts of sweatshirts and stuff. Maybe I could figure something out! Hmmm... but that would be a lot of work..LOL.

If anyone has any more embroidery/embellished covers... show them off!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC