Strange infant seat

Ice Princess

yesterday, we as a family went to cold stone creamery for a night treat. a woman was there with her infant in the strangest bucket seat i have ever seen. it looked like and egg cut in half, length wise. i have searched for it on line and cant find it. has anyone ever seen a seat like that? i know i didnt explain it the best.

ADS

Ice Princess

I read more and see that it is acceptable here. just diffrent from what i am used to. Oh and let me pick my jaw up off the ground for the price tag that comes with it.

HEVY

Like $900.00 and thats the infant seat, but I think it comes with a stroller, but not sure. The toddler seat is additional but also hooks up to the stroller.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yes, it comes as a travel system. I think they were on sale here for $849.99 last time I looked at it. It's really neat, but more than I could justify paying.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I lived the whole idea of hte orbit, but defiantely was not paying $900 for a infant seat travel system.

ProudMomof5

it says it can be rear, forward or sideways facing. ??? it only goes up to 22 lbs so FF would not be a good idea.. what about side facing?

flipper68

Senior Community Member
The other cool feature of the Orbit is that the IO and the toddler seat (I think) swivel on the base, making it easier to access the buckles and harness & easier on the back when loading/unloading the little darlin'

The price tag is definitely NOT easier. Isn't that why there are grandmas and baby showers? LOL.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
it says it can be rear, forward or sideways facing. ??? it only goes up to 22 lbs so FF would not be a good idea.. what about side facing?

It cannot be used FF or side facing when you are driving it must be RF. The swivel feature is only to make it easier to put baby in and take baby out. ;)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
The other cool feature of the Orbit is that the IO and the toddler seat (I think) swivel on the base, making it easier to access the buckles and harness & easier on the back when loading/unloading the little darlin'

The price tag is definitely NOT easier. Isn't that why there are grandmas and baby showers? LOL.

I think it only harnesses to 40 lbs though :(.

StarrNanny

This is currently my coveted carseat, as I mentioned on a different thread. I am in :love:

It has such high sides, full EPP, and I love the flexible carry handle.

:twocents:my friend bought one for her daughter. (they have money) the travel system which is the seat, the stroller and a base is $900. when you child outgrows the infant seat they make a toddler seat that attaches to the base also. the toddler seat is what goes up to 49lbs. the toddler car seat can also come out and attach to the stroller so incase you child is asleep. the toddler seat will cost you $300 i believe. oh an additional base will cost you $180.there is also an additional seat for the stroller in case you don't want o buy the toddler seat but want to use the stroller. its a couple hundred for that too. Then if your like her you had to get the pink insert for that stroller seat which i think is $50. the side facing and ff is talking about in the stroller you can twist it so when you are out to eat you can pull the stroller up to the table and turn baby sideways so you can see them and they can look at you.
its a nice system don't get me wrong but i can think of lots of nice things to buy for $900. the install on it though is very nice and simple. you hook the latch connectors and turn a knob till you can't wiggle it. the part that cracks me up is that it has an additonal material that comes out from under the sunshade...its called get this......the paparazzi shield. YEAH who was this marketed towards.
anyway thats my :twocents: on the thing....GREAT SYSTEM/STROLLER if you have an x-tra grand laying around

yeah if you like the twist feature though there is this seat the Combi Zeus Turn Convertible Car Seat sold at babiesrus for 299.00
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2953836
he bad thing about this seat is it only rf to 22 lbs then ff to 40lbs. i was going to buy one but then couldn't justify losing 13lbs worth of rf time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC