ACK! my walmart is selling OLD triumphs as EFTA's!!!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So, we went to walmart today, and I might have wandered into the carseat section...:whistle:
Anyway, I was trying ds in seats, and also trying to figure out which ones might be a good replacement for our CS that I loathe.....
I'm putting him in the (supposedly) EFTA, when my brain is like *warning...something is wrong!!* But, I don't get much sleep, and it took me a second to relize what I was seeing.....the carseat had SLOTS in it....as my brain slowly processes, I realize...it's NOT a EFTA, it's an OLD style TRiumph lx.
The SIGN says "triumph advance" and has all of the information for the EFTA, like 35 pound RF limit, 50 pound FF limit, etc. But the actual seat out for display was an OLD triumph...SO....I'm thinking at first they just never switched out the old triumph floor model when the EFTA came out..but NO! The BOXES under the display were OLD triumphs!!! LOTS and LOTS of OLD triumphs!!!
I checked, and all were at LEAST a year old (most had DOM's of Jan o7)

so..people see the sign, and think they are getting a NEW EFTA with a 50 pound limit, but they are actually buying an old-style triumph that is over a year old!!! :eek:
ARGH!
and they were $130 , and tagged as "triumph advances", so it's not like they are clearancing old triumphs at a discount or whatever...they are selling OLD triumphs as new EFTA'S!!!!

Anyway.....that was my horror for tonight

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Please do contact the store/branch + maybe even the regional manager.... You could also submit the info to SafetyBeltSafe USA via their Media Form (granted, it's not exactly media, but it is a public presentation of misuse) or your local SafeKids chapter :twocents:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I think mine is doing the same. I will have to go look again when I get a chance. I only glanced. But now seeing this thread it makes me think. Do they make it in black? This one was gray or black.

melniemi

Mine has the EFTA sign and specs, but the old triumph on display. Last I looked, there were efta's in boxes underneath. None there today - so some people are actually buying it! Still 2 nautilus's left in boxes. No display.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC