My MA doesn't have the tether label?!?

seamonkeys

Just got my Mossy Oak seat today. For some reason I decided to pull back the cover and look for that big label covering the tether ends (only recently noticed those when changing covers on my BV). IT'S NOT THERE! :confused: The tether straps are in tact, but the manual shows that the sticker says "DO NOT REMOVE THIS LABEL." It was too late to call today, so I'll be calling them tomorrow AM!

Wonder if they'll send me a new seat?

In case anybody wants to know, got the seat from Baby Universe.

ADS

Nisha

I just checked my MA's and they don't have that label on the tether ends. (DOM 1 year ago) The manual doesn't show the label it on mine though...

natysr

My retired Blvd (spring 2007 DOM) did have the label. But last fall when I was wondering if I could replace my tether on my Marathon with the rip stitch style, other members were stating that their Marathon's did not have stickers covering the tabs. My new Marathon arrived yesterday (DOM 10/07) it did not have the sticker.

I am wondering if only the Boulevards had the sticker and not the Marathons. See, the Marathon's tether tabs are held to the side by the foam.

But since the Boulevard only had the foam in the headrest, maybe the sticker is there to keep the tabs from getting caught on the moveable headrest of the Boulevard?

Just a theory.

seamonkeys

Yeah, it may not be a big deal. And actually the photo of the tether location in the manual looks different from my seat. But since it states "...will be held under a tether label," I figure it couldn't hurt to call and ask.

My retired Blvd (spring 2007 DOM) did have the label. But last fall when I was wondering if I could replace my tether on my Marathon with the rip stitch style, other members were stating that their Marathon's did not have stickers covering the tabs. My new Marathon arrived yesterday (DOM 10/07) it did not have the sticker.

I am wondering if only the Boulevards had the sticker and not the Marathons. See, the Marathon's tether tabs are held to the side by the foam.

But since the Boulevard only had the foam in the headrest, maybe the sticker is there to keep the tabs from getting caught on the moveable headrest of the Boulevard?

Just a theory.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
BTDT, posted about it in December. :) Britax told me it wasn't needed and not all seats have it. So then why does it show the pic in the manual and say it needs to be there? She told me the BV and the MA work differently so the BV needs it and the MA doesn't. :confused:

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I just looked at the product description on their website and the photos of the MA don't show the metal bar. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC