I am SOOO frustrated with Britax...need to know what to do

Chex

So I have a Husky that was purchased in 2004 (not part of the recall....I called to verify that). I'm using it for my oldest daughter. The harness is not staying tight. If I tighten it up and then pull on it at her shoulders, it loosens. Not a ton, it doesn't just come all the way back out, but it loosens some. It makes me nervous about what would happen in an accident. I thought that this was the problem with the ones in the recall, so that's why I called, just to double check and make sure mine wasn't part of that. It's not. But then why is this happening? The lady I talked to said it's "normal wear and tear" or "it's broken." We haven't done anything out of the ordinary to this seat. It hasn't been used extensively (not even close to every day). It hasn't been in an accident. And she tells me that I can order new harness straps, a new adjuster strap, blah, blah, blah. I told her I didn't think it was a problem with any of the straps....they all still look brand new. I think it's a problem with the clamp that holds the adjuster strap. She said if it's that, then I'd need to send it in and it would be a $50 fee upfront (not including any repairs). I'm not putting that kind of money into a carseat that's only good for 2 more years!

Anyway, what should I do, ladies (and men)? I just bought $750 worth of new carseats in the last 6 months (2 radians, a BLVD, a PW, and a Vivo). If I tell my dh that I have to buy another one, he's gonna flip. Especially since these are supposed to last 6 years and I promised him we wouldn't need another seat for at least 2 more years. AAAAAAAAGGGHHHH! What do I do? (Thanks for letting me vent!)

-Ann

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
When you say not part of the recall, are you talking about the recall from 2004 that had to do with the harness adjuster? I would think that Britax would replace the harness adjuster anyway... Who have you spoken with?

jdchic3

I would keep calling back until I spoke with the right customer service rep. I know there are those at Britax who are less than helpful, and those who will practically offer you the moon just to keep customers happy. Good luck!

ZephyrBlue

I agree, that doesn't sound right :( If I were you, I'd call back and ask to speak with Deborah. And if she's not there, find out when she will be and call back then. I've had wonderful experience with her being very helpful (with seats out of warranty), and she also seems to be one of the most knowledgable CSRs there. Good luck!!

Chex

Thank you. I'll call and see if Deborah is there. I'm glad I'm not crazy thinking they should be doing something more. The lady I talked to said, "It's normal for things to need to be replaced before the 6 years is up." I just have a hard time believing that it's normal for this part to "go bad" in 4 years with normal use. I'll let you know if I get anywhere with a different CSR.

-Ann

Chex

Just got off the phone with Deborah....she was much nicer than the first lady I talked to. She wants to walk me through some steps with the carseat, but unfortunately my husband had to take the van into work today (he hardly ever has to...so of course I need it the one day he does). So I'm going to call her back tomorrow when I actually have the seat and can walk through whatever steps she wants me to.

I'll update tomorrow to let you know what happens. Thanks again for your suggestions. I'm so glad I have "this place." I probably wouldn't have called back had I not had you guys to turn to.

-Ann

Calideedle

I am happy you were able to get some help. I have nothing but great service from Britax.

I hope the seat gets fixed!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC