Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Just got my Regent today...but WWYD?

I bought a Regent during the recent Britax sale from The Right Start store online. The DOM is August 2007. It's 7 months old already. Six years is the life span of car seats right? [this seat is for my almost 3 year old]

Go the store and exchange it for a newer seat? [would they let me exchange for this reason?]

Or keep it...7 months is no big deal?

What would you do?

Thanks in advance! =)

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Just got my Regent today...but WWYD?

Hmm. Is there a local place you could exchange it? IF so, I'd try. Its a valid reason for return.
    DD-11, adult belt/ nbb
    DS-9, Vivo
    DD-2.5 ~24#, 33", RF in RA 55

If you have a Right Start store, I'd def try to go exchange it. I don't see why it should be a problem at all. Is it still packaged up?

Kimberly

CPS Technician

Of course you could always buy a Regent in the exact same pattern with a new DOM locally, and then return the seat with the older DOM...

A little on the sneaky side, but it might be your only recourse.
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA

Thanks everyone...I will call the local store to see what they have in stock and hopefully exchange for a newer DOM.

CPS Technician

You could try to exchange it, but its not to bad for a clearanced seat.

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

Mine (from BabyUniverse) was also 1/2 a year old already, but considering my daughter is almost 3 I think I'm okay with it. I can't imagine her fitting into the Regent after 8.5 anyways.

-Nicole.

I just got my Regent exchanged today. [the Right Start store was all sold out again and got new shipments in today.] It's a Nov 2007. I'm happy.

I almost couldn't fit the box into my Camry's trunk...it's HUGE!!

Thanks for the input everyone!