Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member libranbutterfly's Avatar

Is this a pretty good deal?

I'm thinking yes, but thought I'd ask. Also do 2001 Oddys have Latch? If not, can I get tethers retrofitted? how many tethers are/would be available? TIA!!

2001 Oddy on Craigslist
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &
    Rayne (1) ERF in a Scenera for now

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

Re: Is this a pretty good deal?

it sounds like it was really meticulously maintained by a DIYer .

on the other hand, 147k is STILL a lot of miles, despite meticulous care (and for such meticulous care, those carpet mats look pretty yucky .

i don't know about the tethers.

i think i would look for a newer kia van with fewer miles (like a 2004 with 50k miles and some warranty left) for the same amount of money or a little more. i'm not a fan of korean vehicles, but even being a honda, 147k does not inspire confidence for me.
    Two girls, 7 and 6. Trek Mountain, Specialized Hotrock, Soma Buena Vista, Bike Friday tandem, and multiple other bikes. Oh, and a Mazda5.

Senior Community Member libranbutterfly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by southpawboston View Post
    it sounds like it was really meticulously maintained by a DIYer .

on the other hand, 147k is STILL a lot of miles, despite meticulous care (and for such meticulous care, those carpet mats look pretty yucky .

i don't know about the tethers.

i think i would look for a newer kia van with fewer miles (like a 2004 with 50k miles and some warranty left) for the same amount of money or a little more. i'm not a fan of korean vehicles, but even being a honda, 147k does not inspire confidence for me.
    I just looked again, and where did you see the inside of the van? Al I saw was one pic of the outside of the van.
    Jeneca
    Mom to
    Kamille (8) Booster,
    Alexis (6) Booster &
    Rayne (1) ERF in a Scenera for now

I see a pic of the interior right next to the one of the exterior. It does look kinda yucky, but it's 147,000 miles. It's gonna have a lotta wear. I'm a Honda fan and all, but that much mileage still makes me nervous.

Senior Community Member

KBB value of that car in good condition is $7100.00, can't go by excellent price, @ 7 yrs old. Cars on craigslist make ME nervous.

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

2001-2004 ODYs have 2 complete sets of LATCH on the captain's chairs and one additional tether anchor in the third row. The rear sill has two additional weld nuts and you can move the anchor to whichever position you need.

Quote Originally Posted by HEVY View Post
    Cars on craigslist make ME nervous.
    Just sold our BMW a couple months ago. You get all sorts of cars on craigslist, but it actually was the only website that worked. I asked an inlaw who sells a ton of cars and he told me the same. Word is getting out about craigslist. All used cars have risks. Craigslist isn't inherently worse than any other website selling cars.

Senior Community Member veggiegirl228's Avatar

It's a bit overpriced for the mileage. I looked at Kelly blue book (http://www.kbb.com/KBB/Default.aspx) and it is roughly worth about $7100. That's based on good condition. That is alot of mileage on an 8 yo car, would make me a bit nervous.
    Jennifer, SAHM to DD, 9.9 yrs old, 4'7", 73 lbs. Current ride is Safety 1st Incognito

My truck is 6 years older and has 235,000mi on it, and the interior doesn't look as dirty or beat as that one does. Theres a few holes in the maintenance record too. I was always taught to change tranny oil between 35-40k mi (not 90 ), however if it is still pink (not brown), there is likely to be little wear, and shouldn't be any problems. If you are really serious about it, take it for a drive and have a mechanic look at it and see if there's going to be any serious problems in the near future. And as always, try to get the price lower. ($7500 is too much).

Everyone has a different idea of what "meticulous care" is. This van was definitely not meticulously cared for, imo(interior). My van? Now that's meticulous

ETA: I see the owner only states "meticulous records".
    Melissa
    Peyton 10
    Camden 9
    And a new baby on the way