Is this a pretty good deal?

ADS

southpawboston

it sounds like it was really meticulously maintained by a DIYer :thumbsup:.

on the other hand, 147k is STILL a lot of miles, despite meticulous care (and for such meticulous care, those carpet mats look pretty yucky :eek:.

i don't know about the tethers.

i think i would look for a newer kia van with fewer miles (like a 2004 with 50k miles and some warranty left) for the same amount of money or a little more. i'm not a fan of korean vehicles, but even being a honda, 147k does not inspire confidence for me.

libranbutterfly

it sounds like it was really meticulously maintained by a DIYer :thumbsup:.

on the other hand, 147k is STILL a lot of miles, despite meticulous care (and for such meticulous care, those carpet mats look pretty yucky :eek:.

i don't know about the tethers.

i think i would look for a newer kia van with fewer miles (like a 2004 with 50k miles and some warranty left) for the same amount of money or a little more. i'm not a fan of korean vehicles, but even being a honda, 147k does not inspire confidence for me.

I just looked again, and where did you see the inside of the van? Al I saw was one pic of the outside of the van. :confused:

I see a pic of the interior right next to the one of the exterior. It does look kinda yucky, but it's 147,000 miles. It's gonna have a lotta wear. I'm a Honda fan and all, but that much mileage still makes me nervous.

HEVY

KBB value of that car in good condition is $7100.00, can't go by excellent price, @ 7 yrs old. Cars on craigslist make ME nervous.

crunchierthanthou

2001-2004 ODYs have 2 complete sets of LATCH on the captain's chairs and one additional tether anchor in the third row. The rear sill has two additional weld nuts and you can move the anchor to whichever position you need.

Cars on craigslist make ME nervous.

Just sold our BMW a couple months ago. You get all sorts of cars on craigslist, but it actually was the only website that worked. I asked an inlaw who sells a ton of cars and he told me the same. Word is getting out about craigslist. All used cars have risks. Craigslist isn't inherently worse than any other website selling cars.

beeman

My truck is 6 years older and has 235,000mi on it, and the interior doesn't look as dirty or beat as that one does. Theres a few holes in the maintenance record too. I was always taught to change tranny oil between 35-40k mi (not 90 :eek: ), however if it is still pink (not brown), there is likely to be little wear, and shouldn't be any problems. If you are really serious about it, take it for a drive and have a mechanic look at it and see if there's going to be any serious problems in the near future. And as always, try to get the price lower. ($7500 is too much).

lovinwaves

Everyone has a different idea of what "meticulous care" is. This van was definitely not meticulously cared for, imo(interior). My van? Now that's meticulous :D

ETA: I see the owner only states "meticulous records".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC