Anybody familiar with this Graco product?

Mae

Do any of you, or anybody you know have this?

http://www.gracobaby.com/store/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=6001BCL1&CategoryID=12

i think it would be a good idea--then i wouldn't be mis-matched all the time when me and my babies that i babysit go on walks..

is it a good deal? such as, good with turning... good storage space..? in other words, is it as good as a travel system? i'm used to using an actual travel system, but it would be nice to be able to "match".. (at least it wouldn't be a different pattern on the stroller compared to the carseat..)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, I think that one's nice. I had a Kolcraft Universal, and the Maclaren Easy Traveler is fantastic to push and handily folds into a teensy 'umbrella' fold.

I think these are great for your first 'errand/trunk' stroller or to see what kind of terrain you'll be walking with your new baby. Babies shouldn't be in their carseats much longer than 20 minutes on either end of the car trip, but this is still handy and much easier than hefting a big stroller in and out of your trunk.

vonfirmath

I have the Graco Snugrider with my Graco Safeseat.

I LOVE it. (except for that now I need another stroller as my son is wanting to sit up in malls, etc. and its not NEAR so easy to decide on a followup once you get used to the LARGE basket on the Snugrider!)

I find myself looking at my friends' BabyTrend Snap and Gos, envying their more accessible stroller baskets. (I can't put my stuffed diaper bag in my basket with the car seat on it. The other basket seems to be more "Forward" so it can still be accessed) OTOH, it is nice that I don't have to worry about "strapping" the seat in. It clicks in and comes out similar to how it works in the car.

Warning: remove the cupholders before sending through the airlines. We lost ours at gatecheck over Christmas and they're a bit pricy to replace :( esp. compared to the cost of the stroller itself!

It folds easily, and very small.

As for the diaper bag problem? I ended up getting "Stroller swivellers" from Babies R Us and hanging one on the handle. Then, after putting the baby in car seat in the stroller, I hang the diaper bag from the handle. (The car seat alone is enough weight to counterbalance my diaper bag, so it still works if I need to pick the baby up). Just have to remember to remove the diaper bag before removing the car seat :) Otherwise, the stroller tips over when the car seat is removed because of the weight!

Another slight negative: When folding it down, I seem to always be brushing the "Seat" part of the tubing against the ground. Not a big deal yet. But I keep thinking "if it was muddy, this would be a MESS"

But If we end up having to get rid of this one after this child. (if he's grown out of the Safeseat before we move to Texas we have decided it is not worth moving because of the low cost to replace), I will get another one for the next child, easily

Good with turning? Hrms. I consider it good enough. Occasionally I will have a turn sharp enough I can not make it so have to go over two aisles then back to the one I want. But not often. When I have to pick my son up out of the stroller, I can still push it with the other hand (albeit having to be a bit careful. It would probably be easier to one-handed steer if I thought ahead before taking the son out of the stroller and made sure the front wheels were straight, then locked them since my main problem is the front wheels going all over.) It is NOT as easy to steer as a Maclaren. But easy enough that I have never complained about steering two-handed, and I quickly got the hang of what to do to steer it one handed. (though I try to do that minimally because it is more difficult)

Good storage? AWESOME storage. One of the things making it hard to find another stroller because most strollers don't have this much basket. I've been spoiled!

Tammy

I had one and I loved it. Much easier than a travel system. It was great for quick errands when you don't want to switch the baby into a stroller. I didn't use it for walks. A regular stroller is still better for that-more comfortable for the baby and handles the road better. It maneuvers fine inside but not so well on sidewalks. Definitely worth it for what it is.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC