When did Britax go back to the STUPID removable cap tether adjuster thing???

keri1292

*False alarm everyone ~ I'm a fool as you'll see below. No worries on the new tethers.*

Ugh! I can't believe it. My new MA has the tether cap that you have to pry off to adjust it with. :mad: Ds's current MA w/ a DOM of 2/03 has the push button kind. WTH? Why would they go back to this style? Or did I just get an old one. Seat DOM is 10/07.

This is a big deal because I have to adjust the tether every time dh drives.

Last edited:
ADS

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I didn't know there were different styles! Ours is a 2003 and it has a push button on it that is super easy.

keri1292

Uploading photos now...

What I thought was the OLD style...
snowfun145.jpg

The GOOD one...see the grey push button adjust?
snowfun150.jpg

Niea

Waiting patiently for pictures :) If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, I'm annoyed too!

The tethers on my Blvd and DC have a button the buckle to release the belt. The tether on my new Regent has the kind you have to lift up and change the angle on to release. I much prefer the push-button buckle, to be honest.

Niea

That's exactly what I thought you were talking about!!!

As I said, I'm annoyed! My Regent has a DOM of 8/07. The DC and Blvd are from 05.

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

That first new photo is the new tether. Our old MA from 2003 is just like the one in the second photo. I bought a MA in Nov 07 for a baby that I started watching and the tether looked just like that first photo. I actually like the newer version better.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Ok that is what I though you might be talking about. Here is what I have

MA DOM 06-07-06 Push
MA DOM 06-20-07 has the flip tab
MA DOM 08-16-06 has flip tab
BV DOM 01/18/07 has flip tab

starbuck22

Senior Community Member
My 6-06 DC had the pushbutton type and the 6-07 BV that replaced it has the lever type. I've not had any problem with it, but then again I never have to re-adjust it either.

MomToEliEm

I have never seen a push-button tether on my britax seats, though I only have regents and a roundabout. I am so used to the lever type design, that I never had any issues with it. It seemed easy enough for me.

keri1292

I'll have to keep pliers in the car to remove the cap. I adjust it about 5 times a week. :thumbsdown: Such a pain. *sigh*
What I have...
DOM ~
Feb, 03 MA ~ Push button
April, 04 MA ~ Push button
Expired May 00 RA ~ Snap off cover
Not sure of Husky DOM (2003, I think) ~ snap off cap.

keri1292

I have never seen a push-button tether on my britax seats, though I only have regents and a roundabout. I am so used to the lever type design, that I never had any issues with it. It seemed easy enough for me.

Maybe there is a trick I don't know. How do you get it off?
I can't use my fingers, I break my nails. Which are even very short. I'm a nail biter. :eek:
I have to use pliers or the metal safety tab on dh's box cutters. Or one now bent key on my ring. :rolleyes:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Um...I think you're doing something wrong...??? All you are supposed to do is lift the metal tab and it loosens...like any manual seatbelt (when it's parallel it's tight, when it's tilted, it loosens)... What are you taking off?????

unityco

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I'll have to keep pliers in the car to remove the cap.

I don't understand what you mean when you say "remove the cap." Are you actually taking off the black part? You don't need to do that! You just need to pull up on the silver tab so that the whole adjuster is at an angle to the belt, then you can adjust it. It works on the same principle as a locking latch plate.

Does that make sense to you? I'm not sure I'm explaining it well!

keri1292

Sheepishly heads outside to try out new fangled way to adjust the tether... :eek:

Yep...It's confirmed. I am an idiot. I thought that you had to remove the plastic cap to adjust it. :ROTFLMAO:
Whew! Learn something new everday, right? :rolleyes:
Glad I learned this before my class next week. Nothing like the OWNER of the seat looking like an idiot. :eek:
Thanks for the edumacation girls. :p

CaseyRN

Yeah I've never had to take anything off to adjust our tether either. It's never been an issue with us. I think you must be doing something wrong.

Calideedle

I LOVE the newer (NON-push button) version! All my seats with the push button one had the plastic around the button break and I had to buy new tethers. I definatly prefer the newer (NON-push button) ones!

Niea

Oh, yeah you don't have to take anything off!

My annoyance with it is that it requires a little clearance to lift the tab up. I'm able to do it, normally, just fine, but when it's installed in our truck, there's literally not enough room between the seat back and the back window to pull the lever.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC