Turkey to US Travel - help!

hopster67

OK, I'm not quite sure where to start. In a couple of months I will be traveling from Turkey to the US to visit family, see home, etc. When we came here, DD was 4 months old and flew quiet contentedly in her infant car seat while her travel system stroller was gate-checked.

Now, however, DD will be one year old (or 11 months, depending on when we travel) and obviously too big for the travel system, but probably too small for CARES. We have a Maxi-Cosi for our car here, but it's not marked as safe for airline travel, and I doubt it will fit easily (it has this funky base and rocks forward and back - nice for a sleeping baby, doubt it will work in an airplane).

So - what do I do? I thought about the Sit-n-Stroll, but the horrible reviews here and concern it won't fit down the airplane aisles have turned me off. I see talk of the GoGoKidz attachment, but can't find Britax car seats in this country. I would hate to have to ship both the car seat and the attachment from abroad to here, but it may be my only choice unless y'all have some creative suggestions.

Oh, just FYI, I have a very bad back and therefore need a weight-friendly solution, and could very well be preggers when we return to Turkey and therefore really need this to be an easy solution for the return trip. I can't guarantee DH will be with me on both trips (going and returning) for work reasons, so I'm trying to find something that will work as a solo parent solution.

And, yes, I know, I'm crazy to be trying this, but what can I say, I'm nuts. Long story, trip kind of needs to be done.

Thanks!

ADS

mamoomorgan

Hmm, I don't have any ideas... but I wanted to bump your post up so maybe someone else can help. Oh what about a Safeseat by Graco, the next baby could always use it later. We took our 1 yo on a trip and it worked great on the plane and would go into most strollers I think. Just a thought. I have no idea how you get seats in Turkey though.
Good luck!

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
Hmm, I don't have any ideas... but I wanted to bump your post up so maybe someone else can help. Oh what about a Safeseat by Graco, the next baby could always use it later. We took our 1 yo on a trip and it worked great on the plane and would go into most strollers I think. Just a thought. I have no idea how you get seats in Turkey though.
Good luck!

I think she got some good answers on this thread. Double posts, I believe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC