Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Luau Cover?

CPS Technician

Luau Cover?

Anyone seen/felt this cover yet? What does this feel like? Is it the plushy velour fabric or a cotton blend? Let me know what you think about it, I'm trying to help a friend decide which on to get, it's down to Luau or Shadow Marathon, but she's worried about how warm the shadow fabric will get in the summer. Also, what's the best price you can find around on either of those seats? Thanks!
    ~Sarah~

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPST Instructor
    It's a velour plushy fabric from what I have heard. I too am looking at the Luau cover for my oldest MA. Still trying to decide what to get her.
    Jenny
    Senior CPS Tech-Instructor & Mommy of 2 girls
    K1 12 yrs old- 61" & 100lbs in vehicle seat belt
    K2 10 yrs old- 59" & 92lbs in vehicle seat belt

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar
    Yeah, Luau IS a really soft velour. It's so new, the best price is $249... MSRP... Funky Denim and Electric Blue are here for only 214 http://www.specialtybaby.com/brmacocarse.html (Electric blue is a super soft, pretty velour, and Funky Denim is 100 percent cotton...I know a mom in Arizona who has it and says it stays pretty cool!)
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Luau is plushy!?!?! Oh my goodness! Ok I want it I saw that one, it looks so cute for my girl..but if that one's plushy and Ashley Floral isn't ... ooooo
    I love the plushies

~Tara~
    7 kids in 3 seats
    Ages 16yr - 2yr

I'm diggin that Zebra print!

Oh, Ashley Floral IS sooooooooo plushy... really, really soft . I happen to know a mom who shall remain nameless who stops to rub her cheek on her dd's Ashley Floral cover
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

CPS Technician
    Thanks! It's so hard to tell from the pictures if it's plushy or not, and Britax doesn't have it on their fabric descriptions page yet. I think that's the one she's going to go with, it's for her son, but she doesn't care if it's kind of girly looking, lol! Any suggestions on where to buy it (online), is there a place that seems to have better customer service/return policy/etc than the others, since it is so new the price should be the same everywhere. Also, anyone know where I can find a Bandanna Marathon? I love that print but haven't seen it anywhere for a few months, did they discontinue that one? Thanks!
    ~Sarah~

I just saw bandanna at www.albeebaby.com for $229 (it's cottony, fyi)
    Julie

Ashley is plushy too?? You mean like the electric blue and shadow and all those plushy !?!?
    Oh geesh!

Ok...any other nifty printed plushies I don't know about?

Hmm they really should say 'plushy' or not plushy on the descripts eh?

~Tara~
    7 kids in 3 seats
    Ages 16yr - 2yr

Admin - CPST Instructor murphydog77's Avatar
    LOL, I admit it!!! And I do it on ds's new Husky too !

Yeah, LOVE that Marina cover... I remember the first time I ever fondled...er...felt it on an Advantage
    Julie