New Car Seat itch..

ADS

CRS

Senior Community Member
Why do I want to buy new seats when the ones I have are perfectly fine? :p:whistle:

Geez tell me about it. I would just keep buying car seats for Africa if I could afford to, I really would. If I could afford to I'd import every single Swedish seat I could! But I'll have to make do with the two I have lol.

Welcome to the world of "car seat addiction" :p

luvmy2

I have a BV that I would like to switch out for a MA.. and a SS1 that I would like to switch out for possibly a MA or a new BV too. :D

luvmy2

No, not stupid, a little funny though. :D I was telling my mom, and she said, well that's an expensive hobby! ;)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I soooo know what you mean. Now that I've found out the compass true fit is going to be available in Canada, I'm itching to try it out. :eek:

I'm already planning on buying the nautilus when it eventually heads this way.

At least right now I can just call the extra radian and eventual extra MA as back-up seats or seats to use when we eventually get a 2nd car. Beyond that I'd have troubles justifying to dh why we needed a 5th carseat. :whistle:

Mommy2Five

I know exactly how you feel :)
And the more I learn about them, the worse it gets....
DH looked at me like I was NUTS when I told him I wanted to sell our (brand new) GNs to buy Regents (and then he said NO :( ).

firemomof3

Well, thank goodness I'm not the only one!! I just bought the GN and LOVE it, I tried out the EFTA but hated it, now I'm waiting for the Safety First Uptown. Hey, is there a support group for the husbands?:ROTFLMAO:

luvmy2

I was planning on using the SS1 for the baby for a long time, and she is already 17 lbs & not even 5 months old yet. DS could be in the BV for a long time but I just want a new one lol. I don't like the print on mine.

chelle80

Lol, i've been addicted since i had Dakota, that baby had 4 diffrent infant buckets. Its just to bad i didn't research and buy the good seats first, i just changed out car seats when i found a different pattern/car seat i liked. Of course i had a $100 limit. I think i got new seat about every other month with Dakota. I wasn't so bad with Kaleb(cause then i had to buy 2 new seats because they HAD to match).

Now with Colton i have done my research and have gotten the best seats we could get(for all 3 boys), even though they cost a lot more than my limit,lol. Oh well, at least now i can buy different covers and change them out. :whistle:

Mama!

Oh me too.

I have a regent, a signo, an uptown, and an EB 3 in 1. Oh and a bucket in the attic.

The 3 in 1 and the bucket are out of use right now, and the uptown is soon to be outgrown in our home.

waterbaby

Oh, I hear ya! I guess that's why I have a stash of covers to switch it up and make myself believe I bought a new seat.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Oh, I hear ya! I guess that's why I have a stash of covers to switch it up and make myself believe I bought a new seat.

LOL. I kind of did that this time around and limited myself to ordering a spare Regent cover. :D

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

That is sooo me! :D I have a couple of Britax MA covers I've never even used yet. I have sold most of mine. Now Karley is getting so wide in the shoulders I hate squishing her into the Britax seats and am actually considering the EFTA. :whistle:

chelle80

Exactly,lol, i have 4 covers for my MA and FPSVD, along with the orginal FP cover. and an extra cover for the regent.

Airforcemomma

yep, a support group for our DH's would be a good idea.....LOL

My DH thinks I"m nuts, I have to give him credit though...he never puts a dollar limit on the seats and lets me buy them every time I get the urge (usually whenever a new seat hits the market). I've already shown him the new compass tru fit coming to TRU and he's already given me to OK to buy that one. When I told him about the nautilus, he Ok'd that too whenever it gets here. What I'm really wanting and waiting for is the new Frontier... I just tell him we'll sell one of the one's we have to and replace it with a new one.

We currently have 2 marathons, a safeguard seat, a parkway, a compass B505, a radian and a regent and of course a few covers to swap the seats out every once in awhile.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC