WWYD - Regent or Marathon

my3sweeties

Okay, my back and forth continues for one last day... I think. ;)

I have a Regent ($199) and a Marathon ($155) on the way and I have to return one, maybe both. WWYD?

DD1 - 7y in Radian 65/Parkway
DS - 5y in Regent/Radian 65
DD2 - 22m in RF Marathon/expired RA

I need to replace the RA for DD2 and that's why I ordered the Marathon and the Regent was an impulse purchase. I decided the Regent won't work b/c she's still got at least a year RFing. So here are some scenarios:

1: Put 7yo in spare Turbobooster and give 22mo her Radian RF - cost: $0.
2: Put 7yo in Regent in DH's car w/ DS in Radian and 22mo RF in Radian (I checked and it will fit w/ 2 Radians). In my car she will have to give up her Radian and use Parkway from dh's car - cost: $199.
3: Put 22mo in new Marathon as planned - cost: $155.

I guess what has me now thinking about scenario 1 is b/c at some point 7 yo won't fit in the Radians or Regents, right? I have calculated the expiration dates and I will always have at least 2 seats for DD2 to ride in for the next 6 years. So do I even need to get another carseat? BTW, the 7 yo is 52lbs and 47 1/2"

WWYD?

ADS

my3sweeties

Tumblebug - You're no help at all!!! :D That's what I'd love to do, and perhaps another time of year I would, but money seems to be just flying out of purse these days. Deposits for summer vacation, reservation for dh's 40th birthday party, just had 5 and 7 year olds parties.... ahhhh, and then there's that tax bill - I have no idea if that will be good or bad this year.

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
If I had to choose just one, I'd choose the Marathon. Your older two have seats that will last them awhile (if the older one outgrows the Radian by height then put her in the Regent you already ahve and your DS in the other Radian). The Marathon should last your 22 month old for at least 3 more years on average. :twocents:

ETA: OTOH.... You can get your youngest a RF Scenera for $40 and then a HWH seat for your oldest for the 2nd vehicle (the Regent you ordered or a Nautilus - to complicate your decision even more!). By the time DD2 is ready to be FF, then one of the other HWH seats will probably be available to her as your older children may have outgrown the Radian by then.

firemomof3

You guys are funny :ROTFLMAO: I also have an Uptown & Marathon on deliver but I payed $200 for my Marathon!! :hitselfonhead:
Anyway, I plan on keeping the Uptown for my 2y/o so I can keep her RF as long as possible, and I have a Recaro Young Sport waiting for her so I really don't need the Marathon. I have the GN for my tall 4y/o and she loves it, but the Regent is so nice because it will last longer, it just didn't fit into my van!! :mad:
As for your situation, I'd keep them both too because I think I have the same disease as tumblebug!!

my3sweeties

I thought of another solution --- have another baby!!! That way I could justify the new seats as getting used even longer! LOL What would that cost be? $30 co-pay to OB; $100 co-pay to hospital; oh and that small expense of actually feeding and clothing another little person! DH would not go for it. :(

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I thought of another solution --- have another baby!!! That way I could justify the new seats as getting used even longer! LOL What would that cost be? $30 co-pay to OB; $100 co-pay to hospital; oh and that small expense of actually feeding and clothing another little person! DH would not go for it. :(

:ROTFLMAO: When you start having kids so you can buy new carseats, then you have officially 'crossed the line'...

my3sweeties

LOL! I want another, so I can get the Chicco Keyfit30.....

I wasn't a carseat addict when mine were newborns and just used the Graco that came with the travel system which would now be expired. Oh, if I had another baby, I would get to buy a new infant seat!!! Another great reason!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC