Dd freaked out in the Regent!

mamaofthree

I tried my 6 yo in it today at BRU. She's been in a booster for a while, but she's only 40 lbs and I want to reharness her. She was open to it and excited to try it out. She wanted to try to buckle it herself but I had to help her. When she was completely buckled in she freaked out, saying it was too tight, and had a look of complete panic on her face. I felt bad and unbuckled her. Now I don't know what to do. Will she get used to it?

Kimberly

ADS

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
I'd try her again. Ask if you can try it your vehicle. Being harnessed in the middle of a big open store is so unnatural. It may have felt more confining than normal b/c everyone else was walking around, etc. Perhaps in the setting where she's normally restrained anyway (in the car with booster/seatbelt) won't freak her out so much...?

wildeyes

i would give it some time before you take her out. although at 6, if she can handle a booster that should be ok.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC