Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Admin - CPS Technician joolsplus3's Avatar

Collection update: Urbe Review

I'm clearly in love with umbrellas and three wheelers...two of each (and I recently passed three other three wheelers onto new homes, lol).

http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/4Strollers

Oh, the Urbe is only 2 days old, so far we love it..comfy, easy to push and fold, big seat, I don't kick the wheels...I should hang some stuff off the back and see if it tips, though...
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Re: Come check out my collection :)

“Nearly all the best things that came to me in life have been unexpected, unplanned by me.” ~Carl Sandburg
    Learning to cope with the unexpected...

How exactly do you afford your stroller habit? I'm struggling to just figure out one! (and afraid of making a mistake! SOmetimes I am tempted to not make a decision because then it can't be the wrong one!)

PS I notice you have a stroller swiveller on your Mini. Have you tried hanging anything off that? I've got the red and yellow ones and use one all the time for my baby's diaper bag on our Snap and Go stroller. One thing that is making me about the Maclarens is not being able to do this anymore.

--Sarah & D.J. (3-20-04)
    DS (08/07) ~ 8 ~ 52 pound ~ Graco Highback Turbobooster -- 3rd Grade!
    DD (08/11) ~ 4 yr ~ 32 lb ~ Britax Roundabout 50, Maestro -- Pre-K!

How do I afford it? Uh... as I sit here needing a haircut... personal sacrifice (and I don't usually pay msrp... I'm a bargain hound for the most part...and I resell them... )
    Julie
    CPST since 2003, pu"R"ple since 2008, three kids growing too fast since 1997, 1999 and 2006

Moderator - CPST Instructor QuassEE's Avatar

mmm..online coupon codes?

-Nicole.

You know, I looked for that swiv'ler yesterday when I went to Sears and I couldn't find it to test it out . It grips to the rubbery handle well, though, and the stroller is super-un-tippy, so I'm guessing it's fine
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by QuassEE View Post
    mmm..online coupon codes?

-Nicole.

Oooh, you know I loves me some www.couponsurfers.com...
    Julie

Re: Collection update: Urbe Review

Took the Urbe out today for a big day at the home and garden show...it pushed and steered beautifully, even with mondo giant 60lb 8 yo big sister in it (and 10 yo big brother declared it more comfortable than the Mini!)..... I loaded it with a diaper bag hanging off the back, a couple jackets shoved in the basket, and plastic bags of brochures off the handles and it never even threatened to tip, even when no one was riding in it. DH was unimpressed (she's not going to need it for long...why by more?!?!) but I told him the seat is bigger than the Volo, her head is already over the top of that...)...but he didn't openly complain, and he never kicked the wheels (his complaint with the Verve and Aria). Anyway, it was great, and I got it for $139 on sale, so not much more than an older Quest, not tippy, and the legrest is much easier to use. I don't know if the handles are good or not...they are hard and a bit slippery, but at least there's no foam to rip or rub off, I guess...)

Julie