Collection update: Urbe Review

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm clearly in love with umbrellas and three wheelers...two of each (and I recently passed three other three wheelers onto new homes, lol).

http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/4Strollers

Oh, the Urbe is only 2 days old, so far we love it..comfy, easy to push and fold, big seat, I don't kick the wheels...I should hang some stuff off the back and see if it tips, though...

ADS

vonfirmath

Re: Come check out my collection :)

How exactly do you afford your stroller habit? I'm struggling to just figure out one! (and afraid of making a mistake! SOmetimes I am tempted to not make a decision because then it can't be the wrong one!)

PS I notice you have a stroller swiveller on your Mini. Have you tried hanging anything off that? I've got the red and yellow ones and use one all the time for my baby's diaper bag on our Snap and Go stroller. One thing that is making me :( about the Maclarens is not being able to do this anymore.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

How do I afford it? Uh... as I sit here needing a haircut... personal sacrifice :rolleyes: (and I don't usually pay msrp... I'm a bargain hound for the most part...and I resell them... :thumbsup:)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician

You know, I looked for that swiv'ler yesterday when I went to Sears and I couldn't find it to test it out :(. It grips to the rubbery handle well, though, and the stroller is super-un-tippy, so I'm guessing it's fine :)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Took the Urbe out today for a big day at the home and garden show...it pushed and steered beautifully, even with mondo giant 60lb 8 yo big sister in it (and 10 yo big brother declared it more comfortable than the Mini!)..... I loaded it with a diaper bag hanging off the back, a couple jackets shoved in the basket, and plastic bags of brochures off the handles and it never even threatened to tip, even when no one was riding in it. DH was unimpressed (she's not going to need it for long...why by more?!?!) but I told him the seat is bigger than the Volo, her head is already over the top of that...)...but he didn't openly complain, and he never kicked the wheels (his complaint with the Verve and Aria). Anyway, it was great, and I got it for $139 on sale, so not much more than an older Quest, not tippy, and the legrest is much easier to use. I don't know if the handles are good or not...they are hard and a bit slippery, but at least there's no foam to rip or rub off, I guess...)

:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC