Should I remove the BundleMe?

tinytoy

So, just ordered a Britax Blvd, yay! So we'll be saying goodbye to the SnugRide soon, and to the BundleMe. My question is ... I've been doing some reading on the use of aftermarket products, such as the BundleMe, and wondering if I should go ahead and remove it now. I don't velcro it up all the way so I can see the straps are straight and not being interfered with. If it were to compress I don't see how it would leave any more space than a fleece jacket would. Using nothing isn't really an option here in Boston - it's freezing. So do you all dress your LOs in light fleece jackets and use a blanket?

Think I'll move her BundleMe to the stroller.

See pic in siggy.

ADS

tinytoy

Ok, I will remove it. I recently received a notice from my daycare regarding the use of these products. I knew big coats were a no-no but didn't know the BundleMe was on the naughty list. Oops. I guess I will find a new siggy pic!

melniemi

My baby was born in Jan 07 and I just put her in her seat, tucked one blanket around her and threw another over the top of her. She had a hat on and always seemed warm enough. Now she wears a thin fleece snowsuit in her marathon because she won't keep blankets on. LLBean and Land's End have nice ones - mine for this winter is a Columbia one. It is also very thin but warm. I live where it is extremely cold - we've had a lot of -20 this winter and that is without the windchill. We warm up the car before we go.

Yes, the bundle me is too thick to keep your baby safe. It needs to go:)

Jewels

Senior Community Member
She's cute :love:

Is that a snugride that you are using? My SR manual says that the handle position B and C aren't to be used in the vehicle and it is hard to tell exactly what position that you have it in and it could just be in that position for your picture but you might want to check your manual to see what it says there. I know that Graco does allow you to leave the handle upright as well.

twom

You can get "shower cap" style covers for the infant seat. They have elastic all around the edges that you put over the outside of the infant seat, so there is nothing between the baby and the seat. That would be an option if you still wanted a warm cover.

tinytoy

Updated my siggy pic so here's the original we're all talking about ...
carseat-1.jpg

I think in that picture we do have the handle in one of the non-allowed positions .. don't know which one. Can't remember why it was like that ... maybe just to take the picture.

My manual isn't clear that upright is ok. I think Graco may have released that statement after we bought our seat. So is Graco saying that upright is ok on all SnugRides? I ask because I can barely fit her SnugRide in my Saab without the handle staying upright.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
What is the DOM of your SR? I know they started to allow the handle to be left up sometime in 2003 or 2004 (I think :eek:) and when people have called they are told that they can be left up. The manual isn't really clear about what is ok for use in a vehicle they just state what is not ok while in use in a vehicle.

tinytoy

What is the DOM of your SR? I know they started to allow the handle to be left up sometime in 2003 or 2004 (I think :eek:) and when people have called they are told that they can be left up. The manual isn't really clear about what is ok for use in a vehicle they just state what is not ok while in use in a vehicle.

Not sure exactly - seat is with Ashley at daycare right now. But, it was purchased in Spring 2007 so we should be ok. Weird they haven't updated their manual by now. I know some of my fellow June Mommies from another board called to confirm w/ Graco it's ok.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Not sure exactly - seat is with Ashley at daycare right now. But, it was purchased in Spring 2007 so we should be ok. Weird they haven't updated their manual by now. I know some of my fellow June Mommies from another board called to confirm w/ Graco it's ok.

If your seat has a recent DOM then it should be fine to leave your handle up. Graco doesn't have it worded well and shows the handle down in the install pictures in the manual but it does say not to use two certain positions in the vehicle so then the others are ok to use.

Your siggy looks good :thumbsup:

Mom2Livi

I used the exact same Snugride with my DD! :D I also used the BundleMe with my Snugride, not knowing that it was a no no back then. :eek: Now that she's out of the infant carrier, I use a fleece bunting from Lands End that one of the PP mentioned. It's snug and warm, and I'm able to get the car seat straps nice and tight. :thumbsup:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
She's so cute, I love seeing her get bigger. :) Before we retired the Safeseat today :( I just strapped Ilana in in her clothes and put her little fleece coat on (and bigger coat if needed) on backwards over her straps that way. Worked great except when she was being naughty and taking her coat off. :p

ProudMomof5

WOW! I never knew that about the bundle me! Yikes I used it ALL last winter with my daughter.
It really didn't seem to make that much of a difference though, like safety-wise.. but what do I know! I learn something new on here every day!

mommy2zander+baby

Senior Community Member
I also love seeing the pics of her growing!

I have to say it's great that you're willing to take the bundle me out!! It's also great that your childcare is aware of carseat safety!

Yay!! :D

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Put her in the seat with the Bundle Me in place, get her buckled up with the harness as snug as you usually have it.

Now unbuckle the harness, but DON'T loosen it at all.

Take her out & take the Bundle Me out.

Put her back in and notice how loose the straps are.

In a crash, the Bundle Me will compress to leave the harness that loose.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
I think you can get the Bundle Me out without unthreading the straps. There is velcro (which is another problem in itself since it can fray the harness!!!!!!) around the harness slots. I thought you could just slip it on.

tcottawa

So, just ordered a Britax Blvd, yay! So we'll be saying goodbye to the SnugRide soon, and to the BundleMe. My question is ... I've been doing some reading on the use of aftermarket products, such as the BundleMe, and wondering if I should go ahead and remove it now. I don't velcro it up all the way so I can see the straps are straight and not being interfered with. If it were to compress I don't see how it would leave any more space than a fleece jacket would. Using nothing isn't really an option here in Boston - it's freezing. So do you all dress your LOs in light fleece jackets and use a blanket?

Think I'll move her BundleMe to the stroller.

See pic in siggy.

This post caught my eye because I am from Boston, and moved to Ottawa a few years ago...Boston is nothing compared to this!
Even in -20C (about -5F), I use fleece buntings or fleece jackets, blankets on top...your lo will be fine with some blankets or a showercap cover...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC