Radia comfort pad issue

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
So, I never thought it was an issue before now, but when I bought my radian65 so many months ago, it didn't come with comfort pads (you know, that goes over the harness straps up at the neck so that the straps don't cut in). I really thought that the 65 didn't come with them - you know, like the Scenera or whatever. I really didn't think anything about it. But now that it's going into summer I'm not going to be able to always have a piece of clothing there, so I went online to skjp to see if I could buy some (I need a couple carry straps anyway). Well, I can only get some if I buy the whole cover - which I don't want. I called CS and they're looking to see if they maybe have a couple they can send me.

But the CS rep I talked to (Susan? maybe) said that if they don't, they can send me the 'soft wrap' that they sell. Now, here's my issue - yes SKJP sells it, but that's an aftermarket product to me. I'm not sure if I feel 100% comfortable with it, to be honest. I told the rep that I would rather have a non-matching Radian comfort pad (like champagne or even the princess :love: over the 'soft wrap'. She's checking to see what they have and calling me back.

Would it matter to you? opinions please.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Hmmm...they look much nicer than the original pads, lol. Might be too long for a tiny baby (so would push the chest clip down to far), but I don't think they are any 'thicker' than the originals, so shouldn't compromise harness performance at all. I'd just be super peeved for them not jumping up to send you an original pair, though! :p

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
So, Susan called back (definitely Susan ;) ) and said that they didn't have any granite comfort pads, but they would send me some soft wraps, and they they were softer and thicker, and I would probably like them more anyway... To which I explained that that's WHY I didn't want them... basically, as a tech, I would feel strange teaching parents that aftermarket products are no-nos, and them look in my car and see these pads... Maybe I'm just being weird, but it's how I feel. I told her again that I could care less about what color it was (and that I would be WAAAY OK with some princess ones ;) ). She got my address, and said that they would send me something :confused:. Well, that's cool with me.

We'll see what I get here... so far I'm pretty happy with the CS though (she got back to me really quickly, seemed interested and all that).

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
So, I got my comfort pads (called "shoulder pads", which I guess they are...). I guess my explanation and reiteration of not wanting the aftermarket pads made sense, because I got granite pads!

All in all, :thumbsup: for SKJP customer service. Way better than dealing with Britax ;)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
SKJP CS is much better than most.

FWIW, when we chatted with the SKJP engineer the other day he said that SKJP aftermarket products were ok to use with the Radian. Most of those I think are scary as heck (MT, underseat cushion) but the pads look just slightly thicker than the normal pads that came without first Radian. I don't think our second one came with any. So given those two pieces of information I would have felt ok with them. But take it with a grain of salt what the engineer said about their products.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC