should I destroy this seat

Peony

I am swimming in seats! I have 2 MA's, 2 Regents and I ordered 1 more today for to replace DD1's MA in my mom's car, a Signo, a Scenera as a travel seat, and a Parkway. :eek: DD1 is really close to outgrowing the MA's, so that leaves 3 Regents spread out in various cars and a Parkway to use when we travel for her, DD2 has the Signo as her everyday seat, an MA for back up use and then the Scenera as her travel seat.

I'm switching DD2's MA with DD1's old one because DH misplaced the HUGS, we've only been using it RFing so not a big deal, but now I've left with one MA that I don't know what to do with. It expires in Jan of 2009, it is missing the HUGS although I could call and get new ones, the base is slightly cracked, and has been, it was shipped that way, and Britax said it was fine. I'm leaning towards just going ahead and destroying the seat. I only know of person that could use it, but it would be a major hassle to get the seat back when it expires to destroy it then. They don't take car seat safety seriously, :rolleyes: and I know it would be a battle to get the seat back, I'd almost rather not go there. Yeah, I could hang on to it until Jan, but I can't think of any reason it would be used, and I'd be storing another seat. WWYD?

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
If you are not using it now other than to take up space...LOL... You could either destroy it or donate it to a SK chapter for training.

TXAggieTech

If you destroy it salvage the cover and straps for spares. Could it be used in a grandparents or sitters car?

serabi

Amy, you can always mail it to me so I can start a seat collection...just kidding! LOL

I'd probably donate it for training, personally. Either that or Ebay the cover and save the straps for spares.

mommyjkl

That's a tough one! It would be so sad to have such a great seat to go to waste for almost a year. But, even more so, to have a child be hurt because the seat failed because it was used after expiration! I would check around my kids school to see if anyone needed a "spare" or or one just until... Ie, my dh totaled his car 2 mos ago and we could've used an extra until we could afford to get a new one! Also, our hospital has seats "for rent" for those who are traveling or are unprepared for the newborn's early arrival! You might check with a local hosp.to see if they could use it until it expires. It seems to me that they'd be more safety minded than others ;) and then you could pick it up in Jan and give it to a tech for practice!

Hope that helps a bit!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC