Need ideas

Dawn

Friend has a 41 pound 2 year old. She can not afford a britax seat with the heigher weight limit. Her son is not mature enough to sit still. Would the safety vest make more sense then switching to the booster seat?
I'm at a loss this time because I know she can't afford the Britax seats.

ADS

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
Maybe the local techs have funds available for helping low-income parents, like with a voucher or something? Can she ask family, friends, church community folks to lend her the $?

Another option is the Kid-Y with RideRyte ... I think it's less expensive than Britax & a local dealer or tech can help install the tether anchor kit if her vehicle doesn't have an anchor already (ours did it for free).

I don't have any experience with the Ride Safer vest, but it still seems that the lap belt would be too high for a preschooler & it doesn't offer any more side impact protection than the Kid-Y, but it would make a good spare for traveling in other vehicles....

Dawn

Thanks I was thinking about that as well. Family won't help her out. She needs three seats(her car, Boyfriends car and sitters(BF's mother) car). As it is her family is not concerned about the kids being in a carseat much less one that cost large amounts of money each. I think that is why I am stumped on an answer for her. He just isn't ready for the seatbelt. I'm going to suggest the harness again and see what she says.

Any other ideas would be great too.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
At 2, it might also be against the law for him not to be in some kind of carseat!

Honestly, church communities are often so very helpful - I'm not exactly a religious person, but have gotten a lot of support (emotionally & financially) from our local church when I needed it most :)

If it were me I think I'd go with the EZOn - the extra tether anchor kits don't cost a whole lot so then it would just be a matter of gettig the other adults to let mom have them installed ... to more easily change the same booster & harness straps for every car.

I would think considering this situation that a LapTop might also be an option, depending on his height, but I'm not sure if there are any on eBay at the moment *SIGH* (Worse comes to worst, I have a spare LapTop that hardly gets used now that we sold the vehicle with a lap belt - if there's no other option for this mom I'd be willing to part with it for as much as it costs to ship) :eek:

Otherwise, I think the Ride Safer vest might be the only viable option - wish I had experience with it to share with you!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC